Doing timed sections...

shehadehr

Doing timed sections...

Postby shehadehr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Background: Just finished a once over of the Manhattan guides, and now making my calendar for the next two months (I'm taking the Dec test). I'll be drilling question types for all three sections for sure, but also, I'm scheduling all my PTs and timed sections. I have lots of timed sections scheduled (partly because my timing is terrible right now and it's frustrating me, so, I want to attack timing hardcore). I'm taking a timed section most mornings, then the day I take a PT, the night before that I'm taking two timed sections.

Question: Does it matter whether I grab the timed sections from PTs as low as early 20's? I feel like LR and RC have not changes too much, but what about LG? If I'm doing LG sections from like PT 27, am I benefiting more than I would be perhaps grabbing my LG sections from PTs that were used to put together my drill sets?

My reasoning is this: I have scheduled PT June 2007, and 51 - 67. so I cannot use their sections. Then my experimental sections for all those are coming from around PT 37-40. It seems like the drill sets I have come from PT 50 - 41. So, this leaves me with PT 36ish - whatever, to grab my timed sections from.

Thanks again TLS :mrgreen:

cloudhidden

Re: Doing timed sections...

Postby cloudhidden » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 pm

I regret not doing some intemittent timed sections early in my prep. I have also become a fan of doing some of the newer PT's early on as well, because that will acclimate your prep toward what you might see on test day. But if you just want some timed section work sooner than later, do try the SuperPrep series and review the explanations.

bdeebs

Postby bdeebs » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

You could potentially free up PT 37-40 to try now if you used earlier test sections as experimental sections. If the earlier tests seem significantly different, they may throw you off a little bit which could be good practice since you never know what the experimentals will be like.

shehadehr

Postby shehadehr » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah I agree, bdeebs. And thanks too, cloudhidden, I have the Superprep with me, yet havent figured a way to fit it into my prep. I'm going to look at what tests it covers and move from there.

cloudhidden

Postby cloudhidden » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:10 am

shehadehr wrote:Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah I agree, bdeebs. And thanks too, cloudhidden, I have the Superprep with me, yet havent figured a way to fit it into my prep. I'm going to look at what tests it covers and move from there.

The SuperPrep series is from around the PT 20s era.

They don't make for a good approximation of current material. But the explanations are the official work of those who write the test. For these two reasons they should be taken sooner than later.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”