LSAT Proctor Anywhere App from Kaplan

LSAT Blog

LSAT Proctor Anywhere App from Kaplan

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Just learned of this. Looks useful, especially for taking full-length timed exams.

Here's the iOS link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lsat-pro ... 86038?mt=8

They also have one for Android devices.

Enjoy!

ghostofdreams

Re: LSAT Proctor Anywhere App from Kaplan

Postby ghostofdreams » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:00 am

anybody used this Kaplan proctor app? I started to use the 7sage proctor app (on android), but it kept shutting down

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:04 am

I always used the 7sage one, for iOS. I like that you can shorten the section time as well as do 4 or more sections.

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:37 am

on iOS, I see. Well, either the 7sage app sucks on the android, or that my phone sucks, or both. Probably both (>.<)

hillz

Postby hillz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:35 am

I found it last week and used it for a PT. I liked it because it kept me on track (seemed more official than a regular timer) and because it has the option to add background noise, i.e. coughing, pencil scratching, paper turning, etc. The background noise was really annoying but I keep reminding myself that's how testing is going to be and I'm preparing!

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:43 am

hillz wrote:I found it last week and used it for a PT. I liked it because it kept me on track (seemed more official than a regular timer) and because it has the option to add background noise, i.e. coughing, pencil scratching, paper turning, etc. The background noise was really annoying but I keep reminding myself that's how testing is going to be and I'm preparing!

Now, I'm assuming you are talking about the Kaplan proctor, and you were using this on an android, because the 7sage app--that I"m using on an android--does the same thing but it won't stay on when I"m studying. It will quit halfway and I am wondering if I should use the Kaplan app or just burn all my lsat PT's, because that's what's going to happen.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:38 pm

ghostofdreams wrote:
hillz wrote:I found it last week and used it for a PT. I liked it because it kept me on track (seemed more official than a regular timer) and because it has the option to add background noise, i.e. coughing, pencil scratching, paper turning, etc. The background noise was really annoying but I keep reminding myself that's how testing is going to be and I'm preparing!

Now, I'm assuming you are talking about the Kaplan proctor, and you were using this on an android, because the 7sage app--that I"m using on an android--does the same thing but it won't stay on when I"m studying. It will quit halfway and I am wondering if I should use the Kaplan app or just burn all my lsat PT's, because that's what's going to happen.

I'm not any kind of android wiz, but in iOS there are settings that turn apps off once your screen goes to sleep or you change to a different app. I remember mine did it at one point but then after that I didn't have a problem. If android has this kind of setting too- that could be your fix.

gavaga1

Postby gavaga1 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Last edited by gavaga1 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alan-7sage

Postby alan-7sage » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:01 pm

gavaga1 wrote:
ghostofdreams wrote:

I haven't encountered any problems at all with 7sage on my android phone. Do you get an error when it shuts down?

Sorry for the difficulties with the Android App, ghostofdreams! We want to get that fixed for you and anyone else having that problem.

We need some more details to be able to figure this out because we haven't seen this problem in our testing yet. Could you please help us out with these details?:

Does it fail consistently, or randomly?
What device/OS are you on?
What steps do you normally take to get to the error? (For example, something like "start app, go to proctor, set to 4 section - 35min - 5 background - 1 distraction - Harper voice - Play, cuts out after about 15 minutes, the app is no longer visible in multitasking view" would be very helpful

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeah I used this for 20+ PTs and it was great on iOS

alan-7sage

Postby alan-7sage » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:11 pm

We did some investigating and it looks like the distractions may be causing crashes, particularly when it is set to higher values. Thank you for letting us know about this! We are working on rolling out an update to fix this. In the meantime, please try running the proctor with distractions set to 0 (zero).

If you already had distractions set to 0 (zero), please let me know so we know to look for other possible problems!

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:37 am

alan-7sage wrote:We did some investigating and it looks like the distractions may be causing crashes, particularly when it is set to higher values. Thank you for letting us know about this! We are working on rolling out an update to fix this. In the meantime, please try running the proctor with distractions set to 0 (zero).

If you already had distractions set to 0 (zero), please let me know so we know to look for other possible problems!

alan-7sage, thanks for looking into this. I just got home and I will take a look at the app later. When I did use the app, I did have the distraction set high, maxed actually. Hopefully, that's the problem. BTW I posted this on the 7sage website, and I got a similar response, so I'm more than happy with the customer service 7sage is providing. You guys are amazing.

alan-7sage

Postby alan-7sage » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 am

ghostofdreams wrote:
alan-7sage wrote:We did some investigating and it looks like the distractions may be causing crashes, particularly when it is set to higher values. Thank you for letting us know about this! We are working on rolling out an update to fix this. In the meantime, please try running the proctor with distractions set to 0 (zero).

alan-7sage, thanks for looking into this. I just got home and I will take a look at the app later. When I did use the app, I did have the distraction set high, maxed actually. Hopefully, that's the problem. BTW I posted this on the 7sage website, and I got a similar response, so I'm more than happy with the customer service 7sage is providing. You guys are amazing.

Thank you for your support ghostofdreams!

This bug is turning out to be pretty tricky, but we hope to have an update on the AppStore within a week. Sorry again for the trouble!

alan-7sage

Postby alan-7sage » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:06 pm

alan-7sage wrote:
ghostofdreams wrote:

Thank you for your support ghostofdreams!

This bug is turning out to be pretty tricky, but we hope to have an update on the AppStore within a week. Sorry again for the trouble!

The latest version of the app on the Google Play store now has a fix for this, so turning on distractions doesn't crash the app anymore.

We tested with the Android devices we have on hand, but there are a lot of different Android devices and OS versions out there, so if you run into a problem on your device, please let us know!

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 am

alan-7sage, I ended up not using the 7sage app. A huge part of the 7sage looked incredible, but it never seemed to function properly. I turned down the distraction and background, and the app continued to shut off. I uninstalled it planning to re-install, but went with another app just as a hunch and that app works. It actually has a huge number clock, which I like, instead of the old hand clock that was on the 7sage app. I appreciate all the work the 7sage team put into this and I may download it again for the other features.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”