Do people score lower or higher than their avg. on test day?

msquaredb

Do people score lower or higher than their avg. on test day?

Postby msquaredb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:35 pm

From people own experiences or observations on this thread which is it for most people? Higher, lower, or is there no correlation between test day and deviations from practice averages?

minnbills

Re: Do people score lower or higher than their avg. on test day?

Postby minnbills » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 pm

It's typical to score within your score band. If most of your practice tests are within, say, 160-165, you're likely to score anywhere within that band.

msquaredb

Postby msquaredb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:43 pm

How do you determine a score band for yourself? Is it +/- a certain number on each side of your average or your range in the past however many practice tests?

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:46 pm

msquaredb wrote:How do you determine a score band for yourself? Is it +/- a certain number on each side of your average or your range in the past however many practice tests?

The latter. If you're consistently scoring in a particular range (it can be big or small) you're likely to end up in that range on test day.

msquaredb

Postby msquaredb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:49 pm

minnbills wrote:
msquaredb wrote:How do you determine a score band for yourself? Is it +/- a certain number on each side of your average or your range in the past however many practice tests?

The latter. If you're consistently scoring in a particular range (it can be big or small) you're likely to end up in that range on test day.

Hmm...that isnt what I wanted to hear :( My scores have been decreasing. I hope I am just burnt out from studying ( I do take them after a full day of class as well) and a hiatus before the exam will allow me to be refreshed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”