LR: I keep misreading the stimulus / answer choices Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cookiejar1

Silver

LR: I keep misreading the stimulus / answer choices

Post by cookiejar1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 am

-0 LG, -2/-3 RC but for some damn reason I'm between -3 and -5 for LR.

I've looked at the last 10 sections I've taken and I notice that I'm missing 2 - 3 questions during my LR simply because I've missed a key word. I tend to phase out occasionally... and most of my "stupid mistakes" are grouped together. For example my last section I missed 14,15,and16 in a row (I missed two other hard questions that I'm okay with screwing up on).

I've tried everything to help me keep focused but welp, any suggestions? I don't get how I can stay focused enough for RC but royally screw up on the EASIEST questions on LR (these are slap your face... you immediately know why it's wrong questions).

*I've always been a slow test taker and that's especially true for questions 17-25 so I can't really "slow down" my pace on the earlier questions.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Re: LR: I keep misreading the stimulus / answer choices

Post by RCinDNA » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:02 am

I used to have the same issue you are when I tried going straight through the section. Have you tried reading the question stem first, and then reading the stimulus?

vegso

New

Re: LR: I keep misreading the stimulus / answer choices

Post by vegso » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:12 am

after you choose an answer confirm it with a quick skim of the stim? Or hopefully you can get it down to 2, and confirm why the other one is wrong, this has gained me a decent amount of random little points

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”