LSAT Test #2, Section 3, Question 16

LSATQuestion Account

LSAT Test #2, Section 3, Question 16

Postby LSATQuestion Account » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:07 pm

I have a lot of time to prep for the LSAT as I don't plan on taking it until February/June. So im trying to make my way through all of the tests.

Is this a bad strategy? I've noticed that wording of question from the early tests are much different than the later tests.

I took test #2 today and didn't like how question 2.3.16 was phrased and the answer that went with it.

The question asks for a must be true while the answers are all can be true type answers.

Going through the answers you realize that 4 out of the 5 are false so you come to the correct answer that way

BlaqBella

Re: LSAT Test #2, Section 3, Question 16

Postby BlaqBella » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 pm

LSATQuestion Account wrote:I have a lot of time to prep for the LSAT as I don't plan on taking it until February/June. So im trying to make my way through all of the tests.

Is this a bad strategy? I've noticed that wording of question from the early tests are much different than the later tests.

I took test #2 today and didn't like how question 2.3.16 was phrased and the answer that went with it.

The question asks for a must be true while the answers are all can be true type answers.

Going through the answers you realize that 4 out of the 5 are false so you come to the correct answer that way

Huh?

The incorrect answers aren't so much about falsity as they are about COULD BE TRUE/COULD BE FALSE. With inference questions, we must look for the answer choice that can without a doubt be proven by the stimulus/statement.

Answer choice E does this.

LSATQuestion Account

Postby LSATQuestion Account » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 pm

BlaqBella wrote:
LSATQuestion Account wrote:I have a lot of time to prep for the LSAT as I don't plan on taking it until February/June. So im trying to make my way through all of the tests.

Huh?

The incorrect answers aren't so much about falsity as they are about COULD BE TRUE/COULD BE FALSE. With inference questions, we must look for the answer choice that can without a doubt be proven by the stimulus/statement.

The answer to this question was B....

This was also a games question.

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:09 pm

LSATQuestion Account wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:

Huh?

The answer to this question was B....

This was also a games question.

Sorry, my sections are numbered differently.

I agree with you on the wording of "can", but I guess in this particular question a could be true answer was in fact the correct one. The remaining answers choices are eliminated on the basis of not being possible, ever.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”