Oct test takers: take a day off or carry it through?

take a day off this close to test day?

Yes, the mind needs some rest
64%
No, We gotta suck it up. Only two some weeks to go
13%
Only if you feel like you HAVE to
23%

Total votes: 39

Lear22

Oct test takers: take a day off or carry it through?

Postby Lear22 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:18 pm

I am wondering how many of the people here take a day off from prep now that we are getting really close to test day. Although there a little over two weeks (I am taking it on Wed the 10th, few extra days for all non-sat people) I am debating if it's okay to take a day off and let the brain rest or it's better just suck it up and rest when time is called.

What are your thoughts?

gaud

Re: Oct test takers: take a day off or carry it through?

Postby gaud » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Absolutely take a couple of days off between now and then. You don't want to enter the testcenter exhausted and tired of the LSAT. You want to be rested.

Zensack

Postby Zensack » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:06 pm

I plan on going very light on Sunday and Friday, but I probably won't skip a day entirely unless I notice my fatigue level creeping up too high.

CalAlumni

Postby CalAlumni » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 pm

It's going to vary person to person; however, I don't think going full-throttle now until test day is optimal. I'm taking a few days of (spaced out of course) but haven't decided what I'm going to do the day before or morning of.

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:12 pm

TBF, I got completely hammered on Thursday before the test (I took it on Saturday). I have really bad anxiety about tests and the combination of drinking Thursday + relaxing/recovering Friday did the trick for me.

WanderingPondering

Postby WanderingPondering » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:15 pm

armedwithamind wrote:TBF, I got completely hammered on Thursday before the test (I took it on Saturday). I have really bad anxiety about tests and the combination of drinking Thursday + relaxing/recovering Friday did the trick for me.

After preparing for 3 months for this test, I would be the most unpleasant drinking partner 2 nights before the LSAT.

CalAlumni

Postby CalAlumni » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:44 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:TBF, I got completely hammered on Thursday before the test (I took it on Saturday). I have really bad anxiety about tests and the combination of drinking Thursday + relaxing/recovering Friday did the trick for me.

After preparing for 3 months for this test, I would be the most unpleasant drinking partner 2 nights before the LSAT.

HAHAHA me too!

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 am

LOL awesome!

msquaredb

Postby msquaredb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 pm

I have been going too hard. I have taken too many PT lately and they keep decreasing. I hope easing up in the last week will allow me to hit the exam refreshed and clear headed.

cloudhidden

Postby cloudhidden » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:45 pm

I don't think a day has gone by in the last five months that I didn't spend at least a few hours doing something LSAT related.

Around July I took a series of three timed sections and only missed one question. On my last PT I scored 167. My tank has been on empty since August. But I kept spitting fumes with some peaks and valleys.

I'm taking PT 66 tomorrow. If things go poorly, I'm going to take a much needed break and postpone until December.

jjrialva

Postby jjrialva » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:25 pm

msquaredb wrote:I have been going too hard. I have taken too many PT lately and they keep decreasing. I hope easing up in the last week will allow me to hit the exam refreshed and clear headed.

I have also experienced a decreased from a peak 171 average 167 late 1990s to scoring an of average 163 .... I think the shift in the test now focuses on my debilities like reading a lot in English....

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”