What to bring for test day? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
az21833

Silver

Re: What to bring for test day?

Post by az21833 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:43 pm

are you guys really suggesting using one pencil to do the problem and then switching off to another one just to bubble then switching back?

i've seen it all

Cerebro

Bronze

Post by Cerebro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:20 pm

TomThompson wrote:Love this forum. Never thought of bringing a dull pencil to make bubbling easier. I was just planning to bring 10-15 highly sharpened but slightly used pencils. I can definitely see myself snapping multiple leads due to nerves.
lol... AS IF one pencil won't be sufficiently dull by the time you bubble in your name and identifying details.

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:26 pm

i got called out for bringing snus which was bs in my opinion. nothing happened but they took it.

Cerebro

Bronze

Post by Cerebro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 pm

uvabro wrote:i got called out for bringing snus which was bs in my opinion. nothing happened but they took it.

applemaroon

Bronze

Post by applemaroon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:29 pm

tectonic wrote: I'm very well aware this is an irritatingly OCD question to ask. Last time I took the LSAT (didn't have glasses then), I saw proctors confiscating water bottles that had too many ounces and turning students away if their admission ticket had any kind of non-100%-plain background. The last thing I want is to be turned away over some technicality.

Are you kidding me?? Are they this strict about the photo? Are you guys just getting passport-like photos from Walgreen's or something??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Cerebro wrote:
uvabro wrote:i got called out for bringing snus which was bs in my opinion. nothing happened but they took it.
crap how'd u get my pics??

tectonic

New

Post by tectonic » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:02 pm

applemaroon wrote:
tectonic wrote: I'm very well aware this is an irritatingly OCD question to ask. Last time I took the LSAT (didn't have glasses then), I saw proctors confiscating water bottles that had too many ounces and turning students away if their admission ticket had any kind of non-100%-plain background. The last thing I want is to be turned away over some technicality.

Are you kidding me?? Are they this strict about the photo? Are you guys just getting passport-like photos from Walgreen's or something??
Yes, they can be. I suppose it depends on the particular test center you're at and how strict the staff is there.

I took the exam in June 2011. I believe it was the first test date (or one of the first, in the US at least) that required the photo and I saw 2 people turned away for having a background that wasn't 100% plain.

It seems like quite a few people were turned away for that reason at the University of Delaware during the October 2011 test date: --LinkRemoved--

Most people do indeed get a passport photo at Walgreen's or some such photo center. If you're going to do-it-yourself, definitely make sure you have a 100% plain background and that its printed out on photo paper. I've never seen this in person but I've heard that if it is on typical non-glossy printer paper, they may argue it is a photocopy (which is not allowed).

Then again, the staff at your center may not be as stringent. It's hard to say. I've heard of test center staff that is reasonable and down-to-earth as well as test center staff that is borderline psychotic/sadistic.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”