Amount of Study Time Aside from PT's NOW TIL GAME DAY!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
FlowBro

Bronze

Amount of Study Time Aside from PT's NOW TIL GAME DAY!!

Post by FlowBro » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:42 pm

I am planning to take 63,64,65,66 between now and test day (16 days away!!). I know most people are going to think that is on the low end, but I seem extremely prone to burn out, something that happened last October. What I would like to know is how much time I should be studying on the 12 days where I am not taking full PT's.

I have been doing, for example, maybe 15 questions of LR before proceeding to a timed section. Then a passage and game or two, and calling it a day. ~1.5 hours...Should I be doing more? Or does anybody think untimed sections would still be beneficial? Last 5 PT avg is 169, btw.

Thanks for the help, good luck all!

gaud

Platinum

Re: Amount of Study Time Aside from PT's NOW TIL GAME DAY!!

Post by gaud » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:00 am

What do you do in the way of reviewing your full PTs? You could just take the full PTs one day, review the next, then take a day off. That would give you 12 days. Alternatively, you could split the review into two days and drill maybe an additional section or two each of those days. Or maybe PT, review, light drilling, off - repeat?

Any of those sound good? It's hard to answer a question like this.

FlowBro

Bronze

Post by FlowBro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 am

Thanks for your reply gaud, I think you're on the same page as me...

As for review, I usually take about an hour break after the PT to eat some lunch, then I review. Usually review lasts about 1 hour. Perhaps I should be reviewing longer? 1 Hour of review is definitely not enough to do for a whole day IMO. Maybe my review is excessively short?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 am

When I was prepping my review would be something like this:

(it would be the only prep I did for the entire day)

I would take note of the questions I got wrong and mark them on the test. Then, I'd go through the entire test untimed. Ideally, this should take a bit longer than the timed attempt. Go through each answer choice in each section and explain to yourself why it is correct or incorrect. On the problems you missed, see if you can identify what led you to miss the question. Did you read it too fast? Did you skip over something? Identify the question type incorrectly? Were you tricked? Spend the necessary time to figure this out. It will solidify your understanding, even if you were correct on your first attempt. Redo the entire game section, see if you could have diagrammed the game more efficiently. For RC, it's pretty self-explanatory.

FlowBro

Bronze

Post by FlowBro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:37 am

gaud wrote:When I was prepping my review would be something like this:

(it would be the only prep I did for the entire day)

I would take note of the questions I got wrong and mark them on the test. Then, I'd go through the entire test untimed. Ideally, this should take a bit longer than the timed attempt. Go through each answer choice in each section and explain to yourself why it is correct or incorrect. On the problems you missed, see if you can identify what led you to miss the question. Did you read it too fast? Did you skip over something? Identify the question type incorrectly? Were you tricked? Spend the necessary time to figure this out. It will solidify your understanding, even if you were correct on your first attempt. Redo the entire game section, see if you could have diagrammed the game more efficiently. For RC, it's pretty self-explanatory.
Awesome! This is kind of the grizzled veteran advice I was looking for. It would be nice to push from high 160's into low 170's by 10/6! Highest PT is 174 so I would like to replicate that again on a new PT. I will try your method on my next PT and be sure to let you know how it goes.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 am

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”