3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby d0rklord » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Big Dog wrote:hey Noah:

went to the corp website, but could not find the 3rd edition in the Store. Are there some magic words that will get me into the inner sanctum?


http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-LSAT-St ... rd+Edition

Bow chicka bow wowwwwwww

User avatar
jone7007
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby jone7007 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:54 am

I'd love to try the RC guide. I've heavily used power score has been great as far as LG and LR but it hasn't done much for me as far as RC goes. I'd like to try the Manhattan LSAT to see if it can make the difference for me.

User avatar
Clarity
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Clarity » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:41 am

I wish these books came out earlier. I just bought the current versions this weekend.

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 am

Clarity wrote:I wish these books came out earlier. I just bought the current versions this weekend.

No worries. Make an account on our site (be sure your proper mailing address and phone are there), register your book, and then e-mail your receipt to studentservices@manhattanlsat.com and ask for a new LG book (we're not swapping out the other two, as the changes were not substantial),
Last edited by Manhattan LSAT Noah on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Theopliske8711 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 am

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
Clarity wrote:I wish these books came out earlier. I just bought the current versions this weekend.

No worries. Make an account on our site (be sure your proper mailing address and phone are there), register your book, and then e-mail your receipt to studentservices@manhattanslat.com and ask for a new LG book (we're not swapping out the other two, as the changes were not substantial),


Awesome.

User avatar
Clarity
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Clarity » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
Clarity wrote:I wish these books came out earlier. I just bought the current versions this weekend.

No worries. Make an account on our site (be sure your proper mailing address and phone are there), register your book, and then e-mail your receipt to studentservices@manhattanslat.com and ask for a new LG book (we're not swapping out the other two, as the changes were not substantial),


Thank you so much! Anyone also interested in doing this the e-mail address is studentservices @ manhattanlsat.com. There is a typo or purposefully done to prevent spam? Not sure but if you're like me and just copy paste it is worth noting.

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Clarity wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
Clarity wrote:I wish these books came out earlier. I just bought the current versions this weekend.

No worries. Make an account on our site (be sure your proper mailing address and phone are there), register your book, and then e-mail your receipt to studentservices@manhattanslat.com and ask for a new LG book (we're not swapping out the other two, as the changes were not substantial),


Thank you so much! Anyone also interested in doing this the e-mail address is studentservices @ manhattanlsat.com. There is a typo or purposefully done to prevent spam? Not sure but if you're like me and just copy paste it is worth noting.

You're too kind to think that I did that on purpose :)

edited above

User avatar
hallbd16
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby hallbd16 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 am

^ Aside from their awesome materials, another reason to love Manhattan

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Big Dog » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 am

reading fail, d0rklord.

I clearly posted that I went to the publisher's corporate website to purchase, and the reason is that some publisher's offer their products earlier from their own website. Indeed, on another thread, Noah even states that they will start selling direct earlier than is available from amazon.

But carry on with your bad self. :P

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:20 am

Big Dog wrote: Indeed, on another thread, Noah even states that they will start selling direct earlier than is available from amazon.

Yup, just confirmed with Gary, the shipping guru:we start on Tuesday.

Your dorklordship, welcome to the inner sanctum; please pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:32 am

Is it lame that I kind of wish I still had LSAT prep to do so I could read this bad boy?

Why yes, yes it is lame.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Theopliske8711 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:14 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Is it lame that I kind of wish I still had LSAT prep to do so I could read this bad boy?

Why yes, yes it is lame.


Yea, it's pretty f'in lame. :?

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby d0rklord » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Big Dog wrote:reading fail, d0rklord.

I clearly posted that I went to the publisher's corporate website to purchase, and the reason is that some publisher's offer their products earlier from their own website. Indeed, on another thread, Noah even states that they will start selling direct earlier than is available from amazon.

But carry on with your bad self. :P


That's what i get skimming TLS during my work day! Eip! Please don't be an indication of my RC score to come...

Side note, the 3rd Edition LG book is tittytastic! SO GOOD. :D (read: BUY IT! :mrgreen: )

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:25 pm

d0rklord wrote:
Big Dog wrote:Side note, the 3rd Edition LG book is tittytastic! SO GOOD. :D (read: BUY IT! :mrgreen: )

I've checked with marketing and after many very heated meetings, they've decided not to use this quote on our site.

User avatar
Malakai
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Malakai » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Count me in!

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Malakai wrote:Count me in!

I'm afraid we've given away all the advance copies. But, they go on sale on our website tomorrow (Tuesday). I hope you find the book useful.

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby d0rklord » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
d0rklord wrote:
Big Dog wrote:Side note, the 3rd Edition LG book is tittytastic! SO GOOD. :D (read: BUY IT! :mrgreen: )

I've checked with marketing and after many very heated meetings, they've decided not to use this quote on our site.


DARN!!!

I'll come up with something :o

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Just got the Logic game book... I compared to the 2nd edition and man is it an upgrade.

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby mcs268 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:34 pm

books still not up on the site. im dying in anticpation :D

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:14 pm

mcs268 wrote:books still not up on the site. im dying in anticpation :D

They're up - tech just hasn't switched the images yet. Scouts honor if you purchase the books on our site they'll be 3rd edition.

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby mcs268 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Great! I put in the code though you provided on the previous page - but it's not doing anything to the cost (it doesn't say if it is accepted or not, I type it in and update total, but it just doesn't do anything). Not sure how that's supposed to work.

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:36 pm

mcs268 wrote:Great! I put in the code though you provided on the previous page - but it's not doing anything to the cost (it doesn't say if it is accepted or not, I type it in and update total, but it just doesn't do anything). Not sure how that's supposed to work.

Try it now.

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby mcs268 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Ah, it works! Thanks again for all you guys do, you are awesome :)

User avatar
Cerebro
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Cerebro » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:00 pm

I've been browsing the table of contents for the 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides, and I am trying to determine whether it's worthwhile to add these onto my study plan? I recently finished reading the previous edition of all three study guides. It looks like the new Logic Games Guide has been expanded quite a bit (and looks most awesome), and I'm on the fence as to whether to add this into my study plan or not. Suggestions?

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides – Advanced Readers Wanted

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Cerebro wrote:I've been browsing the table of contents for the 3rd Edition Manhattan LSAT Guides, and I am trying to determine whether it's worthwhile to add these onto my study plan? I recently finished reading the previous edition of all three study guides. It looks like the new Logic Games Guide has been expanded quite a bit (and looks most awesome), and I'm on the fence as to whether to add this into my study plan or not. Suggestions?

Well, I'm 100% biased, but I'll say that the reviews we asked for all were very positive, and a couple mentioned that the books are worth it for the appendices alone. One appendix includes solutions for PT40-66 games, the other is a replay of all the games in the book, with coaching messages written into the games (like having a coach tell you what to do as you play the game).

If what you're asking is whether it'll get in the way of what you've learned from our previous edition, no.

BTW, the website isn't updated with the new TOC, so in case you're wondering, here it is:
1. Introduction
2. Basic Ordering
3. Relative Ordering
4. 3D Ordering
5. Conditional Logic 101
6. Mismatch Ordering
7. Timing
8. Ordering Review
9. Conditional Logic 202
10. Conditional Grouping
11. Basic Grouping
12. Open Grouping
13. 3D Grouping
14. Hybrid Games
15. Conclusion
16. Appendix A: Coached Replays
17. Appendix B: Logic Game Solutions




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: azaleafire, Evelyn2016, VMars and 3 guests