RC help!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Fianna13

Bronze

RC help!!!

Post by Fianna13 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:46 pm

I've been getting -2/ -3 for the past 5 PT RC sections, any idea how to narrow this down? There isn't a pattern of question types i've been missing. Sometimes I miss them because on some of these questions apparently strong worded answer is not necessarily wrong, sometimes I miss them because I didn't read the answers or questions closely enough.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: RC help!!!

Post by bp shinners » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Fianna13 wrote:I've been getting -2/ -3 for the past 5 PT RC sections, any idea how to narrow this down? There isn't a pattern of question types i've been missing. Sometimes I miss them because on some of these questions apparently strong worded answer is not necessarily wrong, sometimes I miss them because I didn't read the answers or questions closely enough.
Getting 2-3 RC questions wrong/section is actually quite normal for high-scorers. It's the one section that people tend to lose a few points on. I would focus on learning a lesson from each question you answer incorrectly (which it seems like you're doing - e.g. not throwing out an answer that appears too strong if there's language to back it up), and minimizing mistakes.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Wow, cry me a river.

Cerebro

Bronze

Post by Cerebro » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Fianna13 wrote:I've been getting -2/ -3 for the past 5 PT RC sections, any idea how to narrow this down? There isn't a pattern of question types i've been missing. Sometimes I miss them because on some of these questions apparently strong worded answer is not necessarily wrong, sometimes I miss them because I didn't read the answers or questions closely enough.
Maybe try reading the questions/answers more closely.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Answer them with the correct answer on the first try. It helped me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dxing

New

Post by dxing » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Wow, cry me a river.
Lol i second that. The topic made your situation seem so much worse than it actually is. I was a little annoyed that you're getting such consistently good results for RC yet you still want to improve... if only I were in the situation you're in.

VUSisterRayVU

Bronze

Post by VUSisterRayVU » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:31 pm

dxing wrote:
Lol i second that. The topic made your situation seem so much worse than it actually is. I was a little annoyed that you're getting such consistently good results for RC yet you still want to improve... if only I were in the situation you're in.
This isn't a good way to think. The difference between 3 wrong and 1 wrong is significant. Take solace in the fact that if people can consistently score well in a section, then it's a beatable test!

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:26 pm

VUSisterRayVU wrote:
dxing wrote:
This isn't a good way to think. The difference between 3 wrong and 1 wrong is significant. Take solace in the fact that if people can consistently score well in a section, then it's a beatable test!
^^^
this

Fianna13

Bronze

Post by Fianna13 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Sorry if the post annoyed some of you guys. But the point is when you are scoring in low to mid 170's the stakes seemed much higher, getting 1 more question right is THAT much important. Especially that Voyager's guide explicitly said there is a way to get - 0 on RC sections

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:39 am

Today I scored -1, -1, -0, -7. Guess what section the -7 was in.

Hate this section with a passion.

Bronze

Post by 05062014 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:48 am

My range has been -0 to -5. Literally -0 or -5 every other pt... Every time I forget how much rc can cost me I fuck up

Zensack

Bronze

Post by Zensack » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Here's a pattern. Is time an issue for you? If not, slow down a bit and read carefully.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”