Official Preptest June 2007 LR3 Q25 (Sufficient/Nec wording)

Locke89

Official Preptest June 2007 LR3 Q25 (Sufficient/Nec wording)

Postby Locke89 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Official Preptest June 2007 LR3 Q25 available from the LSAC website.

I sometimes get tripped by sufficient/necessary flaw questions even when I know it is the error due to the wording in the question. Could someone go through these and tell me the difference between them or if there is no difference between any of them- in relation to this question. Only one of these answers comes from the PrepTest I modified the others for the purposes of this question.

A)Confuses a condition’s being required for a given result to occur in one case with the condition’s being sufficient for such a result to occur in a similar case.

B)Confuses a condition’s being necessary for a given result to occur in one case with the condition’s being sufficient for such a result to occur in a similar case.

C)Confuses a condition’s being required for a given result to occur in one case with the condition’s being necessary for such a result to occur in a similar case.

D)Confuses a condition’s being required for a given result to occur in one case with the condition’s being sufficient for such a result to occur in a similar case.

E)Confuses a condition’s being required for a given result to occur in one case with the condition’s not being sufficient for such a result to occur in a similar case.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”