Need help bringing it all togethor

ashawnt

Need help bringing it all togethor

Postby ashawnt » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey guys Im currently registered for the October test but have only been pt in the low 160's(ruffly 162-163). I'm shooting for at least a 166-167 on the real thing which makes me feel that I need to be PT around 169-170 walking in to be safe..I feel like I might just be a few tweaks away..but...My problem is that each time I take a PT i perform differently on each section and as one section rises another one falls... For example i usually miss ruffly 6-10 questions on LR's(total) when I'm missing 6 I miss six questions on games which I usually miss only 2-3 on. Today I took Dec 2007 test and wen't -6LR -4LR -0LG(my personal best) but missed 12! on RC(worst score since my cold pt) which I usually get -5 or -6 on...anyone else see the 2007 dec RC as particularly brutal? or could it of been a concentration issue heading into my fifth section(or a fluke) but either way...any help from top scorers that can give me some tips on how to consistently bring out my best performance in each section all together on one test would be greatly appreciated..

CardozoLaw09

Re: Need help bringing it all togethor

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Pretty much in the same boat! I want to be able to master this thing so bad and I feel like I'm oh so close to a breakthrough. Really hoping that it can be done with what time we have left. Interested in what others have to say about this post as well.

honeycomb

Postby honeycomb » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:01 pm

This happened to me when I had overstudied. I knew everything, but between exhaustion and just being fed up with the LSAT I started making dumb mistakes.

Make sure you're not just studying hard, study smart. Really take the time to look over your mistakes. Assuming there actually isn't a pattern, just slowly build up your endurance without burning yourself out by taking full 5 section PTs but not every day. Play around with the order of the PTs (I always bombed RC when it was last, so I started always throwing on an RC section at the end of every test to build up endurance) to make sure you're prepared for anything.

And, more than anything, get confident! That's half the battle.

ashawnt

Postby ashawnt » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks for the advice honeycomb I hope we can all make it happen these last few weeks...I started in the 130's!!! and it's taken me almost five months of prepcourses + tutoring just to get into the low 160's...I know point gains are supposed to be tougher once you get to the top of the scale but at this point I think that some confidence and a few tweaks could go a long way!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”