Score not improving! HELP!!!!!

Is going from a 149 to a 165 possible in 3 weeks?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:39 pm

yes
26%
no
74%

Total votes: 19

nosleeptillsuccess

Score not improving! HELP!!!!!

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Okay... it's less than a month to the October LSAT and I have taken 4 practice lsats (and almost finished with testmaster course)

my cold diagnostic was a 138
then after that I got 147,145,149

I'm on a slow upward trend, but I do not believe I'll get that 165+ I have been hoping for by October 6..

Is this common to have taken 4 tests and get such shitty scores???

Also any tips on improving LR??

Any success stories out there?!!

If you respond with some helpful info, then I will be grateful.
HI-->G
(just some LSAT humor)

LionelHutzJD

Re: Score not improving! HELP!!!!!

Postby LionelHutzJD » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:47 pm

How long have you been studying and what has your DAILY routine been?

nosleeptillsuccess

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Last edited by nosleeptillsuccess on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nosleeptillsuccess

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:53 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:How long have you been studying and what has your DAILY routine been?

I started in July 2 weeks before my TM class started.. I really just started PTing a couple weeks ago.

From July to Sept it was wake up study for 4 hours+ take break then study a couple hours more...

Now I have a job so I study from 8 - 12 then go to work...

After awhile I realized the studying can only go so far and the PTs are really what counts...

Figure8

Postby Figure8 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Push back the exam. The deadline is this weekend. The question is what is your goal? If you want to score in the 150-160s push it back until December. If your goal is to reach the 170s push it back until February. The fee is $80. Go do it now. Don't sit for this exam. Having a low mark on your record is not going to do you any favors.

Since you have taken TM, I would say you have plenty of material to cover between now and then. What I recommend you do is focus on the first four types in LR. Review and redo all the homework in this order:
- Lesson 1, 2
- Lesson 6
- Lesson 5
- Lesson 8+9
- Then do the rest. Don't forget about the supplemental books.

Also do at least 4 reading comps a day and 4 games a day. Master every game in existence. http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ Has great game explanations.

I also recommend getting the Powerscore bibles to supplement anything you might have missed in class. You need to know why and how everything works to a tee. They have very similar theories and use similar lingo.

Good luck!
Last edited by Figure8 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:12 pm

You need to drill. Pull out that LR suppllemental section book from the course. I took the same course as you, and the best part about is not the methods they teach you but the fact that you get literally every question. So you need to drill the question types you are weak at. Do 10 type 1 questions then review EACH question and why its correct or incorrect. Then do 10 type 2, 10 type 3...and so on. AND REPEAT. This is the only way to improve in LR. With scores like that you are missing the basic fundamentals of attack each question type. How are your LG scores? For this I recommend picking up the logic games bible. Its the same methods as the class but it will reinforce it into you which really helped me.

As for hitting a 165 in 3 weeks? It is difficult. I was like you, i cold diagnostic at 142 and I am now hitting 154,155 and 156. With a hopeful score of 160 and even I know i have plenty that needs to be done. Stay on the course of taking PT but make sure you review the entire thing afterwords. Remember, this test is highly learnable because of repetition. Reviewing why things are wrong or right is probably the best thing you could do.

nosleeptillsuccess

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:35 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:You need to drill. Pull out that LR suppllemental section book from the course. I took the same course as you, and the best part about is not the methods they teach you but the fact that you get literally every question. So you need to drill the question types you are weak at. Do 10 type 1 questions then review EACH question and why its correct or incorrect. Then do 10 type 2, 10 type 3...and so on. AND REPEAT. This is the only way to improve in LR. With scores like that you are missing the basic fundamentals of attack each question type. How are your LG scores? For this I recommend picking up the logic games bible. Its the same methods as the class but it will reinforce it into you which really helped me.

As for hitting a 165 in 3 weeks? It is difficult. I was like you, i cold diagnostic at 142 and I am now hitting 154,155 and 156. With a hopeful score of 160 and even I know i have plenty that needs to be done. Stay on the course of taking PT but make sure you review the entire thing afterwords. Remember, this test is highly learnable because of repetition. Reviewing why things are wrong or right is probably the best thing you could do.

Thank you both so much by the way... Does TM take away the answer key?? or should I print?

And logic games sometimes I'll get 2 wrong and sometimes 5 or 6 .. (depending if I get to that last section or not).

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Yes they take away the answer keys. Not sure if you could print.

But Cambridge test prep offers books that contain each question grouped for every PT. If you hold off until december, these books are a must.

Figure8

Postby Figure8 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Yes they take away the answer keys. Not sure if you could print.

But Cambridge test prep offers books that contain each question grouped for every PT. If you hold off until december, these books are a must.

You can't print them out. You can plug the answers into an excel sheet or hand write them in a notebook. If you are not into the sweat equity you can just pay them $750 for extended access to the website.

For explanations you can just Google. That's what I've done in the past since TM doesn't provide explanations for all problems.

nosleeptillsuccess

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 pm

I guess I'll just print out the answer keys...how much are those Cambridge books?.. I already invested in the powerscore books... I have superprep and 10 actual lsats book ( never read those and only lightly touched on the LR bible and LG bible, read the RC one in its entirety)

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Push back the test. You cannot master the test unless you have done at least half of the amount of the amount of PTs out there and reviewed them thoroughly.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”