October 2012 and December 2012 LSATs

How long do you think you need to study?

6 - 8 months
18%
4- 5 months
35%
2 - 3 months
47%
1 month
No votes

Total votes: 17

toplawschoolgirl

October 2012 and December 2012 LSATs

Postby toplawschoolgirl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Which LSAT did you register for and is anyone taking it at the CSUN testing center?

How is your studying going?

Are you able to focus well?

For you personally, what is the hardest part of the LSAT or of studying for it?

Please share your experiences! I'll start with mine:

I'm taking the December test, the studying is almost non-existent at this point. Anyone else with a full-time job? Time management is a big factor here and an hour of studying every day plus 2 practice tests per weekend seems to be the way to go. Now, actually doing it is another question. Focus is not my best skill.

Sorry if this is similar to other topics, if I don't get any replies it will be removed.

EastTexan

Re: October 2012 and December 2012 LSATs

Postby EastTexan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:48 pm

1. December 12

2. It's going well so far, but I haven't began taking timed pts yet.

3. For the most part, but it's tough on wknds with football on. :D

4. The hardest section for me is LR, as my scores have been inconsistent. I have a tough time applying what I learned in the LR bible when I get up against time and run into tougher questions(usually I'm perfect through the first 15 or so and downhill from there).

5. I'm currently going through the LR bible, drilling sections, question types I struggle with, and finishing up ordering and grouping games. Recently my section drills have come from the SuperPrep book, and once I finish I plan to start taking pts. I have 16 tests that I haven't seen so I'll probably take two tests a week starting the week of Sept. 23rd-end of November.

Goodluck

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm planning for the December test. I am not taking the test at CSUN, because I was unable to find any info about the test conditions there. I'm taking it at UWLA Chatsworth; heard good things about it here (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=193357) and from other sources as well.

I'm studying practically every day, and I'm enjoying it. Although some of the enjoyment probably comes from seeing the gains that I've made since I started studying in July, I would say most of the enjoyment comes from just working on the test. My wife thinks the reason I postponed the test from October to December is so that I would have an excuse to keep studying for it; although I'd never admit it to her, there's probably some truth to that.

For me, the hardest part about studying for the LSAT is knowing when to quit. For example, yesterday, I worked at my job for 12 hours, and then I came home and started studying for the LSAT. Although I was tired for the first hour, after I got into it, I felt really pumped up, and I stayed up until 3:30am. My wife came into my home office at 2am and told me I should probably stop, because I will be too tired, but I was in the middle of reviewing a logic game, and one thing led to another, and I ended up doing a few more games and a timed LR section, which I'll have to review tonight after I get home from work. (I can't wait... this is gonna be good!)

toplawschoolgirl

Postby toplawschoolgirl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Cerebro wrote:I'm planning for the December test. I am not taking the test at CSUN, because I was unable to find any info about the test conditions there. I'm taking it at UWLA Chatsworth; heard good things about it here (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=193357) and from other sources as well.

I'm studying practically every day, and I'm enjoying it. Although some of the enjoyment probably comes from seeing the gains that I've made since I started studying in July, I would say most of the enjoyment comes from just working on the test. My wife thinks the reason I postponed the test from October to December is so that I would have an excuse to keep studying for it; although I'd never admit it to her, there's probably some truth to that.

For me, the hardest part about studying for the LSAT is knowing when to quit. For example, yesterday, I worked at my job for 12 hours, and then I came home and started studying for the LSAT. Although I was tired for the first hour, after I got into it, I felt really pumped up, and I stayed up until 3:30am. My wife came into my home office at 2am and told me I should probably stop, because I will be too tired, but I was in the middle of reviewing a logic game, and one thing led to another, and I ended up doing a few more games and a timed LR section, which I'll have to review tonight after I get home from work. (I can't wait... this is gonna be good!)

That's great! And how are you scoring on your preptests?

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:47 pm

toplawschoolgirl wrote:
Cerebro wrote:I'm planning for the December test. I am not taking the test at CSUN, because I was unable to find any info about the test conditions there. I'm taking it at UWLA Chatsworth; heard good things about it here (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=193357) and from other sources as well.

I don't take a lot of complete PTs at this point, so my scores may not mean too much. I'm planning to do more "endurance" type of training closer to the December date. Right now, I'm still working on developing efficiency with the questions that are giving me trouble. It's been somewhat erratic over 3 tests: 172, 164, 166. These scores are probably a little on the low side compared to what I perceive a lot of people to be getting on here, but I'm trying not to be too results oriented. Although, I started out with a score of 149 on a cold diagnostic, and seeing the amount of improvement that I've made has been self-inspiring in a way. Like I said, at this point, I'm just focusing on my trouble spots and trying to make improvements where I can. Also, I'm planning to ramp up on doing 5-section tests during November.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Ask me how studying is going on October 31...

toplawschoolgirl

Postby toplawschoolgirl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Cerebro wrote:
toplawschoolgirl wrote:

I don't take a lot of complete PTs at this point, so my scores may not mean too much. I'm planning to do more "endurance" type of training closer to the December date. Right now, I'm still working on developing efficiency with the questions that are giving me trouble. It's been somewhat erratic over 3 tests: 172, 164, 166. These scores are probably a little on the low side compared to what I perceive a lot of people to be getting on here, but I'm trying not to be too results oriented. Although, I started out with a score of 149 on a cold diagnostic, and seeing the amount of improvement that I've made has been self-inspiring in a way. Like I said, at this point, I'm just focusing on my trouble spots and trying to make improvements where I can. Also, I'm planning to ramp up on doing 5-section tests during November.

Maybe it's just me but it's crazy that you love studying so much. That's good!

Taking 5-section tests is a good idea. Has anyone purchased the official LSAC guides and preptests to study?

toplawschoolgirl

Postby toplawschoolgirl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Ask me how studying is going on October 31...

Is that when you will start?

Fianna13

Postby Fianna13 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:58 am

Lol, Noodley. You and I are in the same boat.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:17 am

toplawschoolgirl wrote:Which LSAT did you register for and is anyone taking it at the CSUN testing center?

How is your studying going?

Are you able to focus well?

For you personally, what is the hardest part of the LSAT or of studying for it?

Please share your experiences! I'll start with mine:

I'm taking the December test, the studying is almost non-existent at this point. Anyone else with a full-time job? Time management is a big factor here and an hour of studying every day plus 2 practice tests per weekend seems to be the way to go. Now, actually doing it is another question. Focus is not my best skill.

Sorry if this is similar to other topics, if I don't get any replies it will be removed.

ughhhh I suggest you get on that.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”