What prep books/tests do you guys use? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TulipMelody

New

What prep books/tests do you guys use?

Post by TulipMelody » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:57 am

Since LSAC is the official boss, I got the past tests from them. I got friends who are big with Princeton's or Kaplan's books and aids. I wonder which one is the best...

Jaqen

Silver

Re: What prep books/tests do you guys use?

Post by Jaqen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:10 am

Powerscore Logic Games and Logical Reasoning Bibles. Manhattan LSAT for Reading Comprehension. The books of 10 practice tests. And the other practice tests individually from Amazon, as they at least used to include them in their 4 for 3 promotion.

Kaplan and PR don't (or usually don't, I forget which) use real test questions; they make their own up. That's obviously not going to be as effective.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am

Last edited by toothbrush on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:23 pm

toothbrush wrote:They used to make up their own questions. Now they use the real questions (usually taken from pt's 1-30), except for made up simple examples to show a type of question the LSAT has (but I know Manhattan does that as well).

@ OP. General TLS advise is what the above said. Review some of the stickied links above if you want some ideas as well, but it's basically PS LG, PS LR, Manhattan RC, Superprep from LSAC if you want some theory and depth, Cambridge questions by type to drill & official tests 1-66.

I remember reading in another thread that you're taking in October. With that said, I would evaluate your weakness' and only buy the materials that you think will help you get those points.
Ah ok, glad to hear that about Kaplan. And I forgot Superprep, but I'd highly recommend it. It's written by the actual makers of the test. Not only do they give a nice intro to the test, but it also includes 3 PTs with explanations.

afitouri

New

Post by afitouri » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:05 pm

TulipMelody wrote:Since LSAC is the official boss, I got the past tests from them. I got friends who are big with Princeton's or Kaplan's books and aids. I wonder which one is the best...
I'm sorry your friends wasted their money on Kaplan. Basically, this is an accepted route of study.

PS logical reasoning before Manhattan Logical reasoning

PS logic games

Manhattan RC or self-study RC

Begin practice tests, first by question type unless you're confident

Then, for at least 2-3 weeks before the exam, take practice tests at 8am daily or every other day to simulate the real test environment.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”