Test date change count as one of your 3 in two years?

kky215

Test date change count as one of your 3 in two years?

Postby kky215 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi,

I am registered for October 2012 test, but I honestly do not think that I am ready to take the LSAT yet, and would like to push the date back to Feb 2013.

Since the test date change deadline is not yet passed, (Sept 14) I have two options.

1) Cancel October 2012 LSAT, get a refund, and register for Feb 2013. --> will this option leave a stigma (ie: cancellation on my report)
2) Pay ~$80 and change the test date to Feb 2013.

Which option should I choose?
Does changing your test date before the deadline count toward my limit of three LSATs in two years, or does it leave a stigma?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

theprophet89

Re: Test date change count as one of your 3 in two years?

Postby theprophet89 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:58 pm

You don't get a "Cancel" on your record unless you write the test and cancel the score.

bp shinners

Re: Test date change count as one of your 3 in two years?

Postby bp shinners » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:01 pm

kky215 wrote:Does changing your test date before the deadline count toward my limit of three LSATs in two years, or does it leave a stigma?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

If you change your test date or withdraw from the exam, it doesn't count as your 3 in 2 years, and it won't attach a stigma to your application. Cancelling will count as one of your tests, and it will attach a very, very small stigma that can easily be overcome with a decent LSAT score.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”