PT #5, Section 2, LG #1

lifeprincess13

PT #5, Section 2, LG #1

Postby lifeprincess13 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:32 pm

I simply do not get this game...any help please?

bp shinners

Re: PT #5, Section 2, LG #1

Postby bp shinners » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:27 pm

So this is a rather ...non-traditional ordering game. You're used to days of the week/numbers as the base, but here we're going to use the grades. So my players are:
EGHIPR

And my setup looks like:
__ __ __ __||__
A B C D E

That break is to remind me that an E is the only failing grade.

At this point, I notice two things: 1) It doesn't tell me that he receives each grade at least once, and 2) he's got 6 classes, but there are only 5 grades, so he's going to get the same grade in at least 2 classes.

Rules:
1) GP - that's a block, but it's reversible (I can't represent that well in text)
2) IR - same as the last rule; reversible block
3) E-H - that's an ordering rule
4) G-P - ditto from #3

Deductions:
Quick one, I see that G and P are both in rules 1 and 4. That tells me my reversible block isn't reversible.

There are no other interactions between the rules, so I don't believe there are further deductions, and I don't see any good basis for scenarios. I check my questions real quick and see they're all conditional - that's what I'd expect if there were no deductions/good scenarios, so I'm good to go.

See if you can get through the questions with that. Be careful, though - this one preys on you wanting to set things up with different grades, but remember that the grades CAN overlap.

CyanIdes Of March

Re: PT #5, Section 2, LG #1

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Yep, I remember this game. I couldn't understand what it was asking either. Only game I've ever looked at for 10 minute without even approaching the finish line. ~7 Minute of "What the hell is this?", 3 minutes of struggling through a few questions, then decided to just drop it because it didn't even seem relevant to modern games.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”