Retaking RCs?

CyanIdes Of March

Retaking RCs?

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:14 am

Anyone experience any benefit from doing this? I'm running out of options as far as drilling RC is concerned. I've had very little progress and I've all but exhausted my PTs.

Re: Retaking RCs?

Postby 06102016 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:23 am

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 am

It's not really speed that's a problem. It's just a really volatile section where I can go -1 to -6 any given day. I finish on top every time but even untimed test I've got -5 because I second guess myself. I'm not sure how I can do so well at LR and so badly on RC, even in untimed sections. The lack of improvement over 40+ PTs is also a little frustrating.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 am

I hear you. I don't see any benefit in even reviewing some of those sections: unlike LR or LG, it is often the case that lessons learned on a particular question in RC doesn't really translate to other passages. Especially when the topic is subjective in nature. I think that this is one of the sections that most clearly involves trying to understand the tactic of the test maker and trying to figure out what information they thought you would find useful versus anything else at times whether they intended this or not.

Honestly, the most I do is read a book or academic paper and try to build a mental outline while paying attention to key words. It really seems to have more to do with being in a super-focused mindset than anything else.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”