Performance Enhancing Substances

echamberlin8

Re: Performance Enhancing Substances

Postby echamberlin8 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:57 pm

I have a bit of a split-personality about this issue. On one hand, I agree with warandpeace--I'd rather take the test "sober" (everyone's definition of sober can be different...for instance, for some people, that means no caffeine at all) and know that I did well because of my own abilities and "not some pill."

That being said, I am prescribed Suboxone to get over an opiate addiction, and I know that if I didn't take my prescribed Suboxone on test day I would be far more of a mess than anyone here who doesn't have their caffeine "fix" or whatever. Opiate withdrawals are not fun, and I've been on it for over a year. I don't really feel it, but there is still a noticeable lift of mood for the first hour or two after taking it, but that's mostly in comparison to how it felt being off it before taking it.

I know for me personally, taking amphetamines would not really be worth it. I remember the first few times I took Dexedrine or Adderall in high school they helped with study, but eventually you just get so distracted on them that you can barely even focus on a page of a book before you want to go and move onto something else. Amphetamines work well in low doses at first, but once you've done high doses and experienced all the bad side effects that come along with them (mostly the crashing and not being able to focus, anti-socialness like someone else mentioned), it feels like even low dosages have bad memories associated with them and you can't work well with them.

Oh well.

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 pm

chadbrochill wrote:3 scoops NO-Xplode before PT

and Whey protein about 30 minutes after the PT for better gains.

VUSisterRayVU

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:45 pm

relevantfactor wrote:Testosterone and Anavar gives you good results.

titcr

Funkycrime

Postby Funkycrime » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:05 pm

CalAlumni wrote:
I take 70mg Vyvanse + 30-45mg Adderall + 10mg Dextroamphetamine but this is all spread out throughout the day.

Christ. Your heart is gong to explode at age 30.

Seriously. You must have terrible terrible ADHD.

Yeah, my ADHD is really bad. Here is an illustration...

Before ADHD treatment: D's and F's in high school (they kicked me out and told me to get a GED).

After ADHD treatment: Got into UC Berkeley...dominated...created an Internet company and sold for a nice chunk of change...exactly enough to pay my law school tuition in cash.

After I take the LSAT, I'm going to quit stimulants and spend the time before law school trying to train myself to deal with it naturally.

Cool story bro.

Amoore114133

Postby Amoore114133 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:13 pm

My trick was wake up and pop your xtended release addy to get your brain working...eat a high protein breakfast and protein shake for exttreme brain power...while waiting to be seated for lsat take half of a five hour energy then at break take the rest....practice with this strategy tho because the first time you might feel like your brain will explode but once you get used to it your brain hits another level

YOURE WELCOME

echamberlin8

Postby echamberlin8 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Funkycrime wrote:
CalAlumni wrote:
I take 70mg Vyvanse + 30-45mg Adderall + 10mg Dextroamphetamine but this is all spread out throughout the day.

Christ. Your heart is gong to explode at age 30.

Seriously. You must have terrible terrible ADHD.

Yeah, my ADHD is really bad. Here is an illustration...

Before ADHD treatment: D's and F's in high school (they kicked me out and told me to get a GED).

After ADHD treatment: Got into UC Berkeley...dominated...created an Internet company and sold for a nice chunk of change...exactly enough to pay my law school tuition in cash.

After I take the LSAT, I'm going to quit stimulants and spend the time before law school trying to train myself to deal with it naturally.

Cool story bro.

:lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Zensack

Postby Zensack » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:49 pm

VUSisterRayVU wrote:
Honestly, adderall or an upper wont fuck you up. it's not like you'll suddenly forget how to do work or misread everything. do it once to see how you feel, etc, but you'll be fine. you probably shouldnt take adderall and drink a shit load of coffee, but yeah

People perform best under a moderate level of arousal; the typical graph of performance vs arousal is roughly bell curved. If you pass the sweet spot by taking too high a dose of the upper it will hurt your score.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:17 pm

RCinDNA wrote:
Zensack wrote:I'll be taking a vitamin B based energy shot, as I mentioned earlier. It contains caffeine (lower dosage than say, Red Bull) and provides an energy boost that will stick around for 4-6 hours without the jitters. I hope to sneak in a few minutes of meditation before the test actually starts to settle down. I'm considering a couple other things, but not unless I can get a trial dose or two first.

I tried this last night - took 5 Hour Energy and surprisingly did pretty well despite having work a 10 hour workday and starting the test at 7:30 at night in a library. I'll experiment further tomorrow.

Ah well. Confirmed that caffeine is not my friend so coffee and 5 hour energy will not be part of my test day strategy. I was jittery the entire day. Oh well.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 pm

200mg caffeine pills seem to have less of a diarrhetic affect on my bladder.

RickyDnwhyc

Postby RickyDnwhyc » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:16 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:200mg caffeine pills seem to have less of a diarrhetic affect on my bladder.

Oh god, I hope you mean "Diuretic", because those are two very different things :?

heebie-jeebies

Postby heebie-jeebies » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Anyone try rasberry keystones? Does it cause jitteriness?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”