Performance Enhancing Substances

RickyDnwhyc

Re: Performance Enhancing Substances

Postby RickyDnwhyc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 am

abdistotle wrote:Lol, word. Indirect correlation between the amount of fluids I need to hold in and my score on any particular section. Any thoughts on this? I heard eating salty foods helps...

Sounds like unfounded anecdotal 'broscience' to me.

Higher sodium intake results in fluid retention, which would have the opposite effect.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:33 am

Sack up and just take the damn test

Postby 05062014 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:41 am

By 'sack up,' do you mean attach some sort of bag-like object to your reproductive organ to make trips to the bathroom unnecessary?

RickyDnwhyc

Postby RickyDnwhyc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:55 am

abdistotle wrote:By 'sack up,' do you mean attach some sort of bag-like object to your reproductive organ to make trips to the bathroom unnecessary?

Someone already suggested a catheter

Postby 05062014 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:00 pm

I feel like relieving myself in the comfort of my own pants will cause a disturbance for other test takers though

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:54 pm

abdistotle wrote:I feel like relieving myself in the comfort of my own pants will cause a disturbance for other test takers though

Meh, why be concerned about those other test takers so long as you can get your target score? If they prepped correctly, they should be in the zone and shouldn't even notice or care.

(I kid, I kid.)

Zensack

Postby Zensack » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm

RickyDnwhyc wrote:
abdistotle wrote:Lol, word. Indirect correlation between the amount of fluids I need to hold in and my score on any particular section. Any thoughts on this? I heard eating salty foods helps...

Higher sodium intake results in fluid retention, which would have the opposite effect.

If you ingest the salty food and the diuretic at the same time, the salt's retention will mitigate the diuretic's effect. Probably not for four hours though. Not to mention you'll be incredibly thirsty.

RickyDnwhyc

Postby RickyDnwhyc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Zensack wrote:
RickyDnwhyc wrote:

If you ingest the salty food and the diuretic at the same time, the salt's retention will mitigate the diuretic's effect. Probably not for four hours though. Not to mention you'll be incredibly thirsty.

Did not know that. Sounds like it's worth experimenting with before your test date. A few sips of water here and there would probably mitigate any major discomfort caused by the thirst. You're allowed a water bottle or something during the test I assume?

Then again, and I think someone mentioned this ITT already, high amounts of caffeine coupled with the natural adrenaline that will be pumping through your veins on test day might work against you. You can't emotionally simulate the actual day of your exam.

Zensack

Postby Zensack » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:04 pm

RickyDnwhyc wrote:
Did not know that. Sounds like it's worth experimenting with before your test date. A few sips of water here and there would probably mitigate any major discomfort caused by the thirst. You're allowed a water bottle or something during the test I assume?

Then again, and I think someone mentioned this ITT already, high amounts of caffeine coupled with the natural adrenaline that will be pumping through your veins on test day might work against you. You can't emotionally simulate the actual day of your exam.

Caffeine doesn't actually make you hyper at normal dosages (that's the guarana and taurine), it just prevents melatonin from doing its job. The problem with too much caffeine is the diuretic effect. A diuretic and water will make you pee; my statement about salt was more to indicate that there really isn't a practical way to counteract the effect.

I'll be taking a vitamin B based energy shot, as I mentioned earlier. It contains caffeine (lower dosage than say, Red Bull) and provides an energy boost that will stick around for 4-6 hours without the jitters. I hope to sneak in a few minutes of meditation before the test actually starts to settle down. I'm considering a couple other things, but not unless I can get a trial dose or two first.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:14 pm

I suggest Milk of Magnesia for test day

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Wormfather wrote:
dingbat wrote:I suggest Milk of Magnesia for test day

This isprobal obvious for most but just in case...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

fine. Then I recommend ipecac

VUSisterRayVU

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 am

Zensack wrote:
RickyDnwhyc wrote:

Caffeine doesn't actually make you hyper at normal dosages (that's the guarana and taurine), it just prevents melatonin from doing its job. The problem with too much caffeine is the diuretic effect. A diuretic and water will make you pee; my statement about salt was more to indicate that there really isn't a practical way to counteract the effect.

I'll be taking a vitamin B based energy shot, as I mentioned earlier. It contains caffeine (lower dosage than say, Red Bull) and provides an energy boost that will stick around for 4-6 hours without the jitters. I hope to sneak in a few minutes of meditation before the test actually starts to settle down. I'm considering a couple other things, but not unless I can get a trial dose or two first.

Honestly, adderall or an upper wont fuck you up. it's not like you'll suddenly forget how to do work or misread everything. do it once to see how you feel, etc, but you'll be fine. you probably shouldnt take adderall and drink a shit load of coffee, but yeah

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:46 am

VUSisterRayVU wrote:
Zensack wrote:
RickyDnwhyc wrote:

Honestly, adderall or an upper wont fuck you up. it's not like you'll suddenly forget how to do work or misread everything. do it once to see how you feel, etc, but you'll be fine. you probably shouldnt take adderall and drink a shit load of coffee, but yeah

Nah, I noticed when I take A, I read faster than I should be reading and miss important keywords. This test truly is about speed of thought and not speed of anything else. A will just make you feel rushed.

CalAlumni

Postby CalAlumni » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:06 am

nmop_apisdn wrote:
VUSisterRayVU wrote:
Zensack wrote:
RickyDnwhyc wrote:

Nah, I noticed when I take A, I read faster than I should be reading and miss important keywords. This test truly is about speed of thought and not speed of anything else. A will just make you feel rushed.

Don't take Adderall unless you have ADHD/ADD and/or you've been PT'ing with it for a while. You don't wanna start Addy, Dextoamps, or other amphetamines a week before the LSAT. This is coming from someone who has been on all these drugs for the past 3 years.

Also, do not take any of these if you are not 100% sure you have no undetected heart problems or family history of heart problems. Also, do not mix with caffine unless you are a long-term hardcore user with a developed tolerance.

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:16 am

Last edited by dowu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

CalAlumni

Postby CalAlumni » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:19 am

nmop_apisdn wrote:
CalAlumni wrote:Don't take Adderall unless you have ADHD/ADD and/or you've been PT'ing with it for a while. You don't wanna start Addy, Dextoamps, or other amphetamines a week before the LSAT. This is coming from someone who has been on all these drugs for the past 3 years.

Also, do not take any of these if you are not 100% sure you have no undetected heart problems or family history of heart problems. Also, do not mix with caffine unless you are a long-term hardcore user with a developed tolerance.

Oh I have it bro. I had to lower my dosage for studying/the test to 5mg. I am prescribed 10mg a day.

You feel something at 10mg? Really? That's insane to me. My tolerance has really built up.

I take 70mg Vyvanse + 30-45mg Adderall + 10mg Dextroamphetamine but this is all spread out throughout the day.

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 am

Last edited by dowu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 06102016 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:47 am

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:50 am

Yup. And I've been taking it for a few years. Im glad I don't need much though.

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:08 am

Last edited by dowu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

CalAlumni

Postby CalAlumni » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 am

I take 70mg Vyvanse + 30-45mg Adderall + 10mg Dextroamphetamine but this is all spread out throughout the day.

Christ. Your heart is gong to explode at age 30.

Seriously. You must have terrible terrible ADHD.

Yeah, my ADHD is really bad. Here is an illustration...

Before ADHD treatment: D's and F's in high school (they kicked me out and told me to get a GED).

After ADHD treatment: Got into UC Berkeley...dominated...created an Internet company and sold for a nice chunk of change...exactly enough to pay my law school tuition in cash.

After I take the LSAT, I'm going to quit stimulants and spend the time before law school trying to train myself to deal with it naturally.

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 am

Last edited by dowu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 am

Zensack wrote:I'll be taking a vitamin B based energy shot, as I mentioned earlier. It contains caffeine (lower dosage than say, Red Bull) and provides an energy boost that will stick around for 4-6 hours without the jitters. I hope to sneak in a few minutes of meditation before the test actually starts to settle down. I'm considering a couple other things, but not unless I can get a trial dose or two first.

I tried this last night - took 5 Hour Energy and surprisingly did pretty well despite having work a 10 hour workday and starting the test at 7:30 at night in a library. I'll experiment further tomorrow.

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Testosterone and Anavar gives you good results.

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:09 pm

3 scoops NO-Xplode before PT

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”