Performance Enhancing Substances

HeavenWood

Re: Performance Enhancing Substances

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:20 pm

patentlybored wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
gaud wrote:5 hour energy was my go-to. Worked like a charm. One before the test and one after the break.

Just make sure you test this (or any other "performance-enhancing strategy") out before test day. What worked wonders for gaud made me score 10 points below my PT average. Thankfully, I didn't have to learn this the hard way.

Also, please stay the fuck away from Adderall, ESPECIALLY if you don't have an attention deficit disorder. It has terrible, terrible side effects and the marginal increase in focus is not nearly worth the huge subsequent uptick in volatile-neurotic thoughts/behavior (which, ironically enough, often get in the way of said marginal increase). Take this from someone who has legit ADHD.

Drugs affect everyone differently. Addy has been a miracle drug for ug/grad school. It increases focus and interest in the material. Minor side effect is that i become less social, and dont want to be around others. Ritalin on the other hand tended to make me depressed and was also addictive at the same time. Addyftw

Adderall has a disproportionate amount of negative side effects in its intended users, much less people without chemical imbalances. It's a powerful, incredibly addictive amphetamine that honestly should not even be on the market. Glad it worked out well for you; unfortunately, you're an exception to the rule. In addition to my own experiences, I've seen too many horror stories to recommend it to other people in good conscience.
Last edited by HeavenWood on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rouser

Postby rouser » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:24 pm

just text your friends and say you can't find Tina.

Postby 06102016 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:17 am

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:36 am

M.M. wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
Nova wrote:NZT

NZT? Thats a new one for me.

lol it's from the movie limitless, a drug that allows you to use 100% of your brain's capacity and basically makes you the smartest person alive. I have wished that I could have it on test day on a few occasions.

Always annoyed me that the entire movie was based off a common misconception.

warandpeace

Postby warandpeace » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 am

why don't you just study to the fullest of your potential while implementing an exercise/healthy eating routine with a full 7-8 hours of sleep? idk about you but i want to feel like i did it on my own, through my own will power, without the help of a pill...

sorry to be debbie downer, just my two cents. at least this method won't give you diarrhea.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:42 am

warandpeace wrote:why don't you just study to the fullest of your potential while implementing an exercise/healthy eating routine with a full 7-8 hours of sleep? idk about you but i want to feel like i did it on my own, through my own will power, without the help of a pill...

sorry to be debbie downer, just my two cents. at least this method won't give you diarrhea.

LOL moral grandstanding.

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 am

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
M.M. wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
Nova wrote:NZT

NZT? Thats a new one for me.

lol it's from the movie limitless, a drug that allows you to use 100% of your brain's capacity and basically makes you the smartest person alive. I have wished that I could have it on test day on a few occasions.

Always annoyed me that the entire movie was based off a common misconception.

Me too. The irony was the movie about being super-smart was super-stupid. I wish the writer used 100% of his brain.

Ruxin1

Postby Ruxin1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:15 am

doesn't addy make your peen small? lulz

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 am

HeavenWood wrote:
patentlybored wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
gaud wrote:5 hour energy was my go-to. Worked like a charm. One before the test and one after the break.

Just make sure you test this (or any other "performance-enhancing strategy") out before test day. What worked wonders for gaud made me score 10 points below my PT average. Thankfully, I didn't have to learn this the hard way.

Also, please stay the fuck away from Adderall, ESPECIALLY if you don't have an attention deficit disorder. It has terrible, terrible side effects and the marginal increase in focus is not nearly worth the huge subsequent uptick in volatile-neurotic thoughts/behavior (which, ironically enough, often get in the way of said marginal increase). Take this from someone who has legit ADHD.

Drugs affect everyone differently. Addy has been a miracle drug for ug/grad school. It increases focus and interest in the material. Minor side effect is that i become less social, and dont want to be around others. Ritalin on the other hand tended to make me depressed and was also addictive at the same time. Addyftw

Adderall has a disproportionate amount of negative side effects in its intended users, much less people without chemical imbalances. It's a powerful, incredibly addictive amphetamine that honestly should not even be on the market. Glad it worked out well for you; unfortunately, you're an exception to the rule. In addition to my own experiences, I've seen too many horror stories to recommend it to other people in good conscience.

My significant other takes it for ADHD and asking for it never crossed my mind. I've seen the type of "focus" it brings, and I don't think it would work that well for a test requiring a lot of shifts in mental approach.

RickyDnwhyc

Postby RickyDnwhyc » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm not so sure about high amounts of liquid/caffeine. I'd need a bathroom break in the first 30 min...

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:45 pm

RickyDnwhyc wrote:I'm not so sure about high amounts of liquid/caffeine. I'd need a bathroom break in the first 30 min...

It's really no problem; but if you're worried about it, I'd recommend a catheter.

iMisto

Postby iMisto » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:23 pm

RickyDnwhyc wrote:I'm not so sure about high amounts of liquid/caffeine. I'd need a bathroom break in the first 30 min...

This is why I gave up my coffee habits and ate some salty foods before the test. I'm also incredibly pee-shy... so if I can't go during the break, I'm super SOL.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:36 pm

iMisto wrote:

This is why I gave up my coffee habits and ate some salty foods before the test. I'm also incredibly pee-shy... so if I can't go during the break, I'm super SOL.

That's a good idea. Did eating salty foods help cut down on bathroom visits?

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:49 pm

I'll jump in here. I recently found my old bottle of 25mg XR and have been taking it in conjunction with studying and PT. What it does for me is keep me interested in the material and I am able to focus a lot more. One area where I see this mostly is really understanding LR stimulus. As for the potential effect on test day with nerves and all, I really don't know. At this point, I think im going to take one test day. I'll probably be nervous either way. But id rather be nervous with extreme focus and concentration. Just don't get addicted. Once the test is done i will be all out of em and since i havent filled the script in 4 years, i have no plans on getting back on them.

P.S. I took myself OFF addies during high school and throughout college because it made me EXTREMELY less social. I saw someone touch on this earlier in the thread. And no it does not make your penis small. When you take an adderall, the blood is diverted more to your brain than to your johnson, thus effecting potential erections.

patentlybored

Postby patentlybored » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 am

warandpeace wrote:why don't you just study to the fullest of your potential while implementing an exercise/healthy eating routine with a full 7-8 hours of sleep? idk about you but i want to feel like i did it on my own, through my own will power, without the help of a pill...

You sound jealous. Sorry that you don't have adderall

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:47 am

LionelHutzJD wrote:I'll jump in here. I recently found my old bottle of 25mg XR and have been taking it in conjunction with studying and PT. What it does for me is keep me interested in the material and I am able to focus a lot more. One area where I see this mostly is really understanding LR stimulus. As for the potential effect on test day with nerves and all, I really don't know. At this point, I think im going to take one test day. I'll probably be nervous either way. But id rather be nervous with extreme focus and concentration. Just don't get addicted. Once the test is done i will be all out of em and since i havent filled the script in 4 years, i have no plans on getting back on them.

P.S. I took myself OFF addies during high school and throughout college because it made me EXTREMELY less social. I saw someone touch on this earlier in the thread. And no it does not make your penis small. When you take an adderall, the blood is diverted more to your brain than to your johnson, thus effecting potential erections.

ttiwwp

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:52 am

Cerebro wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:I'll jump in here. I recently found my old bottle of 25mg XR and have been taking it in conjunction with studying and PT. What it does for me is keep me interested in the material and I am able to focus a lot more. One area where I see this mostly is really understanding LR stimulus. As for the potential effect on test day with nerves and all, I really don't know. At this point, I think im going to take one test day. I'll probably be nervous either way. But id rather be nervous with extreme focus and concentration. Just don't get addicted. Once the test is done i will be all out of em and since i havent filled the script in 4 years, i have no plans on getting back on them.

ttiwwp

pm sent ;)

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 pm

What?

AllDangle

Postby AllDangle » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Last edited by AllDangle on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tuco Salamanca

Postby Tuco Salamanca » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 pm

I find that snorting meth really helps to fire me up. Other than that no, I don't use anything.

Zensack

Postby Zensack » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Does anyone have knowledge of/experience with modafinil? It was lauded in an article I read recently, but I don't trust that source for medical advice.

RickyDnwhyc

Postby RickyDnwhyc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 am

Friend of mine recently tried Alpha Brain (endorsed by Joe Rogan) and said his K/D Ratio in Call of Duty skyrocketed.

It allegedly increases your focus and whatnot, might be worth a shot...

Postby 05062014 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 am

Tried it. Refunded empty bottle for full refund one month later. Useless. Redline extreme and some mechanism for not urinating every 30 seconds is where its at

RickyDnwhyc

Postby RickyDnwhyc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:19 am

abdistotle wrote:Tried it. Refunded empty bottle for full refund one month later. Useless. Redline extreme and some mechanism for not urinating every 30 seconds is where its at

This is what we need. I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.

Postby 05062014 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 am

Lol, word. Indirect correlation between the amount of fluids I need to hold in and my score on any particular section. Any thoughts on this? I heard eating salty foods helps...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”