Preptest 47 Section 1 #2 Weaken

sdwarrior403

Preptest 47 Section 1 #2 Weaken

Postby sdwarrior403 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:55 pm

The conclusion is that the efforts to protect natural habitats of endangered species of animals are wasted.

The premise for this is that rate of species extinction continues to rise.

To weaken the argument, I want to show that the efforts are not wasted.

I got rid of C, D, and E.

A and B were difficult to choose from, so I would like help.

A) This would seem to suggest that the efforts are not wasted. It seems like scientists are progressing to a point for a breakthrough to stop these extinctions. So this challenges the wasted idea. Although the extinctions are going up, the efforts are not wasted.

B) Animal refuges? This does not seem to be intertwined with the idea of protecting natural habitats. An animal refuge is not an endangered species' natural habitat. So this does not seem to have an effect on the efforts and whether or not they are wasted.

BlaqBella

Re: Preptest 47 Section 1 #2 Weaken

Postby BlaqBella » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:08 pm

sdwarrior403 wrote:The conclusion is that the efforts to protect natural habitats of endangered species of animals are wasted.

The premise for this is that rate of species extinction continues to rise.

To weaken the argument, I want to show that the efforts are not wasted.

I got rid of C, D, and E.

A and B were difficult to choose from, so I would like help.

A) This would seem to suggest that the efforts are not wasted. It seems like scientists are progressing to a point for a breakthrough to stop these extinctions. So this challenges the wasted idea. Although the extinctions are going up, the efforts are not wasted.

B) Animal refuges? This does not seem to be intertwined with the idea of protecting natural habitats. An animal refuge is not an endangered species' natural habitat. So this does not seem to have an effect on the efforts and whether or not they are wasted.

You could eliminate A the same way we eliminated E: just because scientists are better able to preserve the natural habitats does not mean they are actually preserving them. In E, it is just a proposal and not an actual act on that proposal.

sdwarrior403

Re: Preptest 47 Section 1 #2 Weaken

Postby sdwarrior403 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm

But it also does not mean that the effort is wasted.

Could you comment on how you know that an animal refuge is the same as a natural habitat? That seems to have nothing to do with the efforts of preserving natural habitats.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”