Please advice! OCT or DEC?

peppin321

Please advice! OCT or DEC?

Postby peppin321 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Should I take the LSAT in Oct or Dec? I will be PTing in the low 160s in Oct. By Dec I should be PTing in the mid to high 160s. My goal at lowest a 165. I have a 3.93gpa, and worked at two federal government agencies. A URM (AA, Female) shooting for HYS, specifically H?

Which test should I take? Will waiting for December reduce my chances of getting into H?

NoodleyOne

Re: Please advice! OCT or DEC?

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:01 pm

URM is a little hard to predict, but with mid-high 160s you could/should be as close to a lock as can be at H with a good shot at Y/S (impossible to predict Y/S). Still, you don't want to take in December, as you'll be really late in the cycle. Is taking the next year off to get some WE a possibility? If so, you could push back to June and really knock it out of the park.

drive4showLSAT4dough

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Wait til your averaging upper-160s to take it. If thats in Dec, go for it. If you have to wait a year, that's fine too. Both options are better than taking in Oct and being dissappointed with a 158. (Generally, test day loses a few points from your PT average.)

Taking in Dec will NOT reduce your chances at Harvard if you score >165. Small sample size, but you're clearly not hurting your chances by applying in Jan.

http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=uf9s2

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:25 am

NoodleyOne wrote: Still, you don't want to take in December, as you'll be really late in the cycle.

Given how previous cycles have gone, this does not necessarily impinge on her prospect of admittance.

OP, you still have a few weeks left. See how you're scoring and if anything, push back to December with the resolve of hitting high 160s/breaking into 170s.

With your GPA, even a mid-160s LSAT score can get you into Harvard.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”