NEW LG LAYOUT STRATEGY?

Spark0504

NEW LG LAYOUT STRATEGY?

Postby Spark0504 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 am

To those of you who took the June test, you'll know that they changed the format of the LG into two pages from one.

For me it was better than the previous one, but I kind of had trouble because the instructions were on the left page while most of the questions were on the right page. So when I made my diagram on the left, it was kind of a pain in the ass to go back and forth when I was doing Qs on the right. Then I tried diagram on the right side, and then it took me too much time and anxiety (what if I diagrammed something wrong?).

Any strategy as to coping with the new layout? Diagram the instructions on the left or right?

Lemme know what you guys think! Oh, and good luck on the October LSAT! :)

cahwc12

Re: NEW LG LAYOUT STRATEGY?

Postby cahwc12 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 am

I had no trouble at all referring to the left page for a right page question. In fact, after the initial half second of "oh shit my test has a printing error" followed by "oh wait, it's just a new LG layout" I didn't really notice the difference at all.

shntn

Postby shntn » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:23 am

Spark0504 wrote:To those of you who took the June test, you'll know that they changed the format of the LG into two pages from one.

For me it was better than the previous one, but I kind of had trouble because the instructions were on the left page while most of the questions were on the right page. So when I made my diagram on the left, it was kind of a pain in the ass to go back and forth when I was doing Qs on the right. Then I tried diagram on the right side, and then it took me too much time and anxiety (what if I diagrammed something wrong?).

Any strategy as to coping with the new layout? Diagram the instructions on the left or right?

Lemme know what you guys think! Oh, and good luck on the October LSAT! :)

I did all diagrams and rule-notating on one page. With the extra room on each page, I had zero problems. I think I did the right page since I'm right handed, but I don't recall.

patel529

Postby patel529 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:54 am

I forgot what I did for the June LSAT, but my plan for Oct. is to diagram on the right page. The testing center where I'm at has small desks, so I can't leave the whole book open. The left page on each game has the rules/instructions and the 1st question. The right page has the remaining questions. Since the first question in most games is an elimination question based on the rules, you don't need to actually see the diagram. If you diagram on the left page, you'll have to flip back and forth between the diagram and the pages (assuming you have a small desk like I do).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”