Scoring differently during practice and taking the test...

missionimpossible

Scoring differently during practice and taking the test...

Postby missionimpossible » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:33 pm

So I'm planning on taking the October LSAT and I have been scoring in the 160's range. I usually get the logic games right, but I miss 5-6 LR questions each time. The problem is that the questions I'm missing are 1 and 2 star questions. When I practice LR I get the 1 and 2 star questions right every single time, but when I take practice tests I miss a bunch. I get the 4 star questions right though. And it isn't a specific question type I am missing. Any tips on how to fix this?

inevitable510

Re: Scoring differently during practice and taking the test...

Postby inevitable510 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:53 pm

What are star questions?

kaseyb002

Re: Scoring differently during practice and taking the test...

Postby kaseyb002 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I have been in a similar situation and I realized for me that it was due to misreading/speed reading. When I take the time to read slowly and carefully it usually fixes that problem. I would do a review of the questions you get wrong and think about whether it's a logic skill ( which seems unlikely since you're getting all the big dog questions right) or if there is some bad habit you have when plowing through the easy questions or something else.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”