Old Logical Reasoning Sections Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ws81086n

Bronze

Old Logical Reasoning Sections

Post by ws81086n » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:41 pm

From what I've gathered, the logical reasoning from the 90's is more difficult than today's. Are there any particularly difficult old LR sections that anyone could recommend? I took one the other day, and I thought it was great practice. The correct answers to a few of the difficult questions seemed less obvious and harder to glean, requiring a little more critical thought. Though I would say the parallel reasoning questions seemed easier than those from today. For those who have taken the LSAT and took the old LR's as part of a study plan, how did the number that you missed compare?

Thanks for your time,

Will

Locke89

New

Re: Old Logical Reasoning Sections

Post by Locke89 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:04 pm

There's no significant difference in difficulty. Modern LR has no two part questions and is constructed a little bit better but that's the only difference.

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 pm

I split up LR by type via cambridge's website (1-38) and found it extremely useful.

If I had all the time in the world to study, I'd probably retake old LR sections to supplement my studies, but since I'm a retaker now, I've just been retaking PT40+ LR sections.

kaseyb002

New

Post by kaseyb002 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:35 pm

I feel like the old LR questions tend to have longer and maybe a little bit more complicated stimuli. But conceptually they seem pretty similar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”