October or December please help

StrawHat__

October or December please help

Postby StrawHat__ » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 am

I have been studying since mid May for this years LSAT. Everything has been going well but recently as I have been taking sections of LR I noticed a reduction in my scores from 6-9 wrong to 9-11 wrong. I have a 2.96 gpa, male and african american. I would love to go to a top 15 law school but am not sure if it is possible unless I score a 170+. Should I continue to drill and take the test in October or wait until December?

Thank you

Please I would really appreciate some advice.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Re: October or December please help

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:49 pm

StrawHat__ wrote:I have been studying since mid May for this years LSAT. Everything has been going well but recently as I have been taking sections of LR I noticed a reduction in my scores from 6-9 wrong to 9-11 wrong. I have a 2.96 gpa, male and african american. I would love to go to a top 15 law school but am not sure if it is possible unless I score a 170+. Should I continue to drill and take the test in October or wait until December?

Thank you

You can make this decision about 1 or 2 weeks before the LSAT -- whatever you're scoring then is probably what you're going to score on the real thing more or less. Probably best to postpone since your score is so crucial. Oct. vs. Dec. isn't really a big deal in terms of applications.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:53 pm

"T15" is possible with a score in the 160s. Hitting median would practically make you a lock. I think you should wait to take the test until you have peaked.

top30man

Postby top30man » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
StrawHat__ wrote:I have been studying since mid May for this years LSAT. Everything has been going well but recently as I have been taking sections of LR I noticed a reduction in my scores from 6-9 wrong to 9-11 wrong. I have a 2.96 gpa, male and african american. I would love to go to a top 15 law school but am not sure if it is possible unless I score a 170+. Should I continue to drill and take the test in October or wait until December?

Thank you

You can make this decision about 1 or 2 weeks before the LSAT -- whatever you're scoring then is probably what you're going to score on the real thing more or less. Probably best to postpone since your score is so crucial. Oct. vs. Dec. isn't really a big deal in terms of applications.

Agreed. I would probably wait until December. While being AA will help significantly, your GPA will hurt you and doing well on the LSAT will be important.

StrawHat__

Postby StrawHat__ » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:46 am

Thank you so much for the feedback. I feel like Im doing alright but not ready to secure mid 160s. And I keep reading on December being a bit late to register.

StrawHat__

Postby StrawHat__ » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:45 am

Anymore opinions on taking the exam in Oct. or Dec.?

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:32 pm

StrawHat__ wrote:Anymore opinions on taking the exam in Oct. or Dec.?

Wait til December. Little reason not to. If you're sure you want to apply this (2013) cycle, start doing the apps this month and October. Have EVERYTHING (LOR's, etc.) ready to go or already in when you get the December result.

StrawHat__

Postby StrawHat__ » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Thank you for the reply

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”