Tips for RC Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HopefulJD12

New

Tips for RC

Post by HopefulJD12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Hello all, short time lurker, first time poster. I am planning on taking the OCT12 test and am just now getting into taking PT's. Unfortunately, I am making little to no progress on RC, missing around half the questions on each section. I have been approaching the sections I am doing as if they were timed with the assumption that I will go over time and finish. So far, I have taken 5 PT's and have steadily been improving on the other sections. This may be the wrong approach so I wanted to see if anyone had tips for improvement in this section. Also, I have just finished the Powerscore trilogy of bibles but feel as though I will need to thoroughly review them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Br3v

Gold

Re: Tips for RC

Post by Br3v » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:48 pm

HopefulJD12 wrote:Hello all, short time lurker, first time poster. I am planning on taking the OCT12 test and am just now getting into taking PT's. Unfortunately, I am making little to no progress on RC, missing around half the questions on each section. I have been approaching the sections I am doing as if they were timed with the assumption that I will go over time and finish. So far, I have taken 5 PT's and have steadily been improving on the other sections. This may be the wrong approach so I wanted to see if anyone had tips for improvement in this section. Also, I have just finished the Powerscore trilogy of bibles but feel as though I will need to thoroughly review them. Any help is greatly appreciated.
you have only done 5 PTs so dont freak.

Do you annotate?

Kurst

Bronze

Post by Kurst » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:50 pm

HopefulJD12

New

Post by HopefulJD12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 pm

I try to start off by annotating but see myself taking too much time and have a tendency to feel more rushed in the latter half of the passage.

Thanks for the link Kurst, I should have research a little deeper before posting.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Keep drilling them. Dont even do them timed. And do 10 a day. You will see improvement. Also, its worth picking up the Manhattan RC guide. You can get through it in a day and it definitely helps.

HopefulJD12

New

Post by HopefulJD12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Is it feasible to make enough progress for the October test? My current goal is to be in the mid to upper 160s and after the first few PT's I am still only in the low 150s.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”