PLEASE HELP

moonluna

PLEASE HELP

Postby moonluna » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 pm

I have been studying for the lsat for the last 3 months. I am currently taking a course (and study on my own), however I have not seen any progress in my LSAT score. I am still scoring in the 140's. WHICH IS HORRIBLE! I am only able to do 16 logical reasoning questions in 25 minutes, and I get like 3-4 wrong. My reading comprehension is HORRIBLE. I can only do 2 and a half sections, and in each section I get 3 wrong.

I have done untimed sections, it takes me about 60 minutes and I get 1-2 wrong. There is no pattern on which questions I get wrong, or why I get them wrong. WIth only a few weeks until the LSAT I am getting really discouraged in my ability to do well.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation, or seen a large, perhaps 20 point jump in a few weeks?

Please do not be rude or mean.

NoodleyOne

Re: PLEASE HELP

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Push it back. You're probably not going to be ready in October. I would recommend a good one on one tutor that can go through with you individually what is going wrong. There has to be some systemic issues at play here.

top30man

Postby top30man » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Push it back. You're probably not going to be ready in October. I would recommend a good one on one tutor that can go through with you individually what is going wrong. There has to be some systemic issues at play here.

Exactly. Youre going to have to wait until December. What course are you taking?

moonluna

Postby moonluna » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot afford a tutor. I am taking a course with Dave Hall through princeton review. Maybe it is my study habits? Any advice on how you guys were able to constructively study?

I think I will push my exam back

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 pm

There are a million things that everyone does, and everyone has their own little tricks and quirks. There are numerous study guides on here on both what to study and how to study (pithypike's being most widely used). LSATblog is another excellent resource. I suggest you check those out and see which suits your needs.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”