Should I put off the LSAT, and send in a much later app??

Steve2207

Should I put off the LSAT, and send in a much later app??

Postby Steve2207 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:03 am

I am currently a senior in my undergrad, I will be graduating May 2013, and hope to enter IL for the 2013-2014 year. I had planned to take the LSAT this OCT, but I am NOT prepared. I bought the Manhattan series but have not had time to even open them. I had done a couple PT’s a few months back and they were in the low 150’s. My question is, I think if I put it off until December, I still will not be as well prepared due to my busy class schedule this semester. I really think Feb. would be best, but I am not sure how that will hurt my applications. I am assuming if I take it in Feb 2013, I will not get my app in until March, is that too late for me to be sending in the apps. Should I shoot for December exam?

top30man

Re: Should I put off the LSAT, and send in a much later app??

Postby top30man » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 am

Steve2207 wrote:I am currently a senior in my undergrad, I will be graduating May 2013, and hope to enter IL for the 2013-2014 year. I had planned to take the LSAT this OCT, but I am NOT prepared. I bought the Manhattan series but have not had time to even open them. I had done a couple PT’s a few months back and they were in the low 150’s. My question is, I think if I put it off until December, I still will not be as well prepared due to my busy class schedule this semester. I really think Feb. would be best, but I am not sure how that will hurt my applications. I am assuming if I take it in Feb 2013, I will not get my app in until March, is that too late for me to be sending in the apps. Should I shoot for December exam?

Yes, February is too late for this cycle. Many deadlines would have already closed. Even with December, you'd be applying after most schools have already sent out their first waves of decisions. I'd either take in December or wait until June. Either way id be prepared to wait a cycle if you don't perform as well as you want to.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 am

That late, unless your numbers are OMGWTFBBQ good, it could hurt your chances. Is taking a year off for WE an option? That way you could prep through the summer and sit for the June and/or October test, get your materials in on time and have a stronger resume.

Steve2207

Postby Steve2207 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 am

The school I am interested in takes on new students every semester. I suppose I could bust my ass and try to do well in December if that could still get me in for the 2013-2014 cycle. If not, should I just try to get in mid year in spring 2014?

Postby 20130312 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:01 am

From one Harvey to another, you should seriously consider waiting a full year and applying at the beginning of the 2014-2015 cycle. This will give you time to graduate, study for the LSAT over the summer when you have more free time, maybe get some work experience in and think about if you're positive that law school is right for you. Waiting one more year will not hurt you in any way, but the time off will give you some exposure to the real world and get you thinking about what kind of career you'd be most interested in.

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Which schools accept students on a semester basis?

Postby 20130312 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:55 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Which schools accept students on a semester basis?

Probably ones that prospective students should avoid, but I didn't want to pile too much on the OP in one post.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”