A couple of questions about the modern LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
DSman

Silver

A couple of questions about the modern LSAT

Post by DSman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 am

1. I know that in the recent LSAT, people got more than one page per logic game. I threw some people off. Is there any confirmation if that is now the set standard for each upcoming game or if it was just a one time thing. Anything confirmed?

2. I know that the usual thinking is the one of the first 3 is the diagnostic/experimental but apparently that is no longer true. Is this correct?

3. Do you have a seperate bubbling sheet for each section or just one for all 5?

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Re: A couple of questions about the modern LSAT

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 am

1. I don't think anyone knows for sure, but the consensus is that it will be a change that remains for the foreseeable future.

2. That's true, experimental can be any section now.

3. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'm pretty sure they are all on one.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 am

CyanIdes Of March wrote:1. I don't think anyone knows for sure, but the consensus is that it will be a change that remains for the foreseeable future.

2. That's true, experimental can be any section now.

3. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'm pretty sure they are all on one.
1. That's what I think, too, but no one knows.
2. It happened once, so it's technically possible though perhaps not likely.
3. All on one.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 am

DSman wrote:1. I know that in the recent LSAT, people got more than one page per logic game. I threw some people off. Is there any confirmation if that is now the set standard for each upcoming game or if it was just a one time thing. Anything confirmed?

2. I know that the usual thinking is the one of the first 3 is the diagnostic/experimental but apparently that is no longer true. Is this correct?

3. Do you have a seperate bubbling sheet for each section or just one for all 5?
#1: Yes, it has been confirmed by LSAC that upcoming administrations will have each LG and set of questions spread on two pages. I inquired directly after the June 2012 administration and quickly received confirmation from a high on the totem pole LSAC person I have corresponded with about important issues for many years. (I'm a long time LSAT teacher/tutor helping people prep for the LSAT)

Enjoy the extra scratch paper space if you need it for diagramming.

#2: It used to always be the case that the experimental section was before the break on administered test-forms that were disclosed after scores were released. However, there was a recent exception where it was section four after the break for all or most people that took the USA/North America regions disclosed test-form/version of the test that administration, so all bets are off now.

LSAC does not disseminate internal information/answer questions about this topic, obviously for test fairness and security reasons. Just treat all five sections as scored sections and do not waste any valuable brain power on thoughts about which section # is experimental on test day while taking the test, nor before or after. There is nothing you can do about it, so why worry?

#3: It's one bubble answer sheet for all five sections. It's the same as the answer sheet you get with licensed copies of previously administered tests in LSAC publications (Official LSAT PrepTests) and/or from most LSAT prep companies/legit sources that provide full, all four scored sections, previously administered test-forms.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Jeffort wrote: #1: Yes, it has been confirmed by LSAC that upcoming administrations will have each LG and set of questions spread on two pages. I inquired directly after the June 2012 administration and quickly received confirmation from a high on the totem pole LSAC person I have corresponded with about important issues for many years. (I'm a long time LSAT teacher/tutor helping people prep for the LSAT)

Enjoy the extra scratch paper space if you need it for diagramming.
Not that you shouldn't take Jeffort's word for it, because he knows what he's talking about, but since this information apparently hasn't become common knowledge (as is witnessed by the first two posts), I wanted to second this information. We've also confirmed with LSAC that the LG section will have each game on 2 pages for future administrations.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jmart154

New

Post by jmart154 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Just to expand on one of the questions. Is the bubbling sheet attached to the booklet, as in you have to refer back to that page to bubble in your answers for every section?

Thanks in advance.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 pm

jmart154 wrote:Just to expand on one of the questions. Is the bubbling sheet attached to the booklet, as in you have to refer back to that page to bubble in your answers for every section?

Thanks in advance.
Nah, it's separate. Having to go back for each answer would be crazy time-consuming.

kaseyb002

New

Post by kaseyb002 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

jmart154 wrote:Just to expand on one of the questions. Is the bubbling sheet attached to the booklet, as in you have to refer back to that page to bubble in your answers for every section?

Thanks in advance.
I would like to get a little more info on the actual test booklet itself as well. I've heard it's like that crap paper that you used to get when you took end-of-the-year exams in elementary school.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:25 pm

kaseyb002 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
I would like to get a little more info on the actual test booklet itself as well. I've heard it's like that crap paper that you used to get when you took end-of-the-year exams in elementary school.
What you've heard is true. The test booklet is printed on really thin low grade recycled newsprint paper. Almost all varieties of toilet paper are thicker and more durable than the paper the test is printed on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:13 pm

DSman wrote:1. I know that in the recent LSAT, people got more than one page per logic game. I threw some people off. Is there any confirmation if that is now the set standard for each upcoming game or if it was just a one time thing. Anything confirmed?

None that I have heard of

No longer true, but if you were a bettin' OP it would be reasonable to assume one of the first 3

Just one

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Just to reiterate, since it seems like the info REALLY isn't getting out, multiple sources have confirmed with LSAC's Director of Communications that all future LSATs will feature 2 pages for logic games. She's done so publicly. There will be 2 pages from now on, so go in with that in mind. This isn't an inference, or an assumption - LSAC has explicitly stated that ALL future LSATs will feature 2 pages for logic games.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:34 pm

bp shinners wrote:

Just to reiterate, since it seems like the info REALLY isn't getting out, multiple sources have confirmed with LSAC's Director of Communications that all future LSATs will feature 2 pages for logic games. She's done so publicly. There will be 2 pages from now on, so go in with that in mind. This isn't an inference, or an assumption - LSAC has explicitly stated that ALL future LSATs will feature 2 pages for logic games.
And now you know

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”