Bubbling: Perfected

JDeezy

Bubbling: Perfected

Postby JDeezy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi. Not to brag, but I am a very capable bubbler. I can fill in those bubbles completely opaque without a stray mark to be seen.

But, it is a slow process. How careful do I need to be with bubbling? Every second counts on this bad boy.

Thanks!

PS- I know I need to be careful to match AC to Question #, but I'm talking about the act of bubbling, can it be a little bit sloppy?

wtrc

Re: Bubbling: Perfected

Postby wtrc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:44 pm

JDeezy wrote:Hi. Not to brag, but I am a very capable bubbler. I can fill in those bubbles completely opaque without a stray mark to be seen.

But, it is a slow process. How careful do I need to be with bubbling? Every second counts on this bad boy.

Thanks!

PS- I know I need to be careful to match AC to Question #, but I'm talking about the act of bubbling, can it be a little bit sloppy?

Yes, it doesn't need to be perfect. I only spend time on making sure the bubbles are perfect if I have previously erased an answer choice on the same question, and even then not really. If your bubbling takes 5 seconds an answer, you just wasted 2 full minutes bubbling. Per section.

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Anybody know what the criteria is for crediting answers with respect to hand scoring? What percentage of the bubble needs to be bubbled in order for LSAC to consider that you have selected a particular answer as correct and give you credit for it? If I can shave off a little time from my bubbling effort by bubbling only 65% of the bubble, for example, then it may be worthwhile to plan to do hand scoring.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Cerebro wrote:Anybody know what the criteria is for crediting answers with respect to hand scoring? What percentage of the bubble needs to be bubbled in order for LSAC to consider that you have selected a particular answer as correct and give you credit for it? If I can shave off a little time from my bubbling effort by bubbling only 65% of the bubble, for example, then it may be worthwhile to plan to do hand scoring.

hahahaha would you actually take the risk of bubbling only 65% of the answer????

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:57 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
Cerebro wrote:Anybody know what the criteria is for crediting answers with respect to hand scoring? What percentage of the bubble needs to be bubbled in order for LSAC to consider that you have selected a particular answer as correct and give you credit for it? If I can shave off a little time from my bubbling effort by bubbling only 65% of the bubble, for example, then it may be worthwhile to plan to do hand scoring.

hahahaha would you actually take the risk of bubbling only 65% of the answer????

Probably not for the whole test, but hypothetically if one were in a situation where you screwed up on a section and had to bubble guesses for the last four questions and your choice is bubble 2 answer guesses completely or bubble all 4 answer guesses with a 65% bubble, I would opt for the latter if it would be likely that LSAC would credit those bubbles in the event that I guessed the correct answer choices.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:59 pm

This is a silly place.

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:21 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:This is a silly place.

Joeshan520

Postby Joeshan520 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:01 am

You remind me of this kid, OP.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 am

Joeshan520 wrote:You remind me of this kid, OP.

Kudos to the OP and Joeshan's pic to give me a chuckle after completing a PT a few minutes ago.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”