Test Center Question

lilhugsy24

Test Center Question

Postby lilhugsy24 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I had to ask it. I was just wondering if anybody has taken the test at UC Santa Cruz because I am thinking of registering for that test center. I'm guessing that it's going to have those sucky little folding tables and I was just curious if taking a test on those things makes a difference score wise. Is it that much harder or will it be ok?

The other option would be the University of the Pacific, which I know has a good testing with very large tables but that's kind of far from me. Thanks in advance for any help.

LionelHutzJD

Re: Test Center Question

Postby LionelHutzJD » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

If you know FOR SURE that a testing center will have large and comfortable tables, then i say travel as far as you have to because it is probably well worth it.

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm not familiar with your area or either of those test centers, but I would do whatever you can do to get into a test center with big tables. Maybe you'll be able to adjust to the small workspace involved with folding desks, but why put yourself through that nonsense if you don't have to? I live in a rural area, so everything is far away from me. I'm planning to stay at a hotel the night before the test so I don't have far to drive on the morning of the test. I don't know what your financial situation is, but you may be able to find a good place to stay for relatively inexpensive, if the drive is what is holding you back.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:35 pm

I remember seeing a message board way back (I don't think on TLS) where people posted about test centers. Anybody?

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm

If anybody is taking it in NYC or specifically CW post campus, i can be of help to let them know what their situation will be like.

lilhugsy24

Postby lilhugsy24 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah I was probably gonna get a hotel if I chose UoP but I think it's just sort of a mental thing in that if I chose UCSC then it's only a few minutes from where I live and I can have a more relaxing day before the test and just have like less stress on myself in that I am somewhere I am comfortable before such an important test. I'm probably gonna take a day or two to think about it and then decide. Definitely grateful for this site though. Definitely wouldn't be making the gains in PTs I am without TLS.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”