Ok somebody please assess me.

LionelHutzJD

Ok somebody please assess me.

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:30 am

My goal is to take the October LSAT. I have been studying since early July and have seen minimal improvement at best. My highest PT score has been a 155 and I took a proctored diag today and scored a horrible 148 which i really attribute to sitting in class instead of at home. BTW does anyone have any advice for me regarding this? I tend to do A LOT better when i take tests and home and in the library rather than in the classroom. Anyway, I am dedicated to studying A LOT from now until test day with my target score being 160. What should be my course of action? I pretty much have all the PT remaining to do. I've done about 6. How possible is a 160 for me and what will it take? Is taking PT going to be my best option? How many hours a day from hear on out should I dedicate. Just looking for some valuable input from some valuable people. Thank you all for the help.

relevantfactor

Re: Ok somebody please assess me.

Postby relevantfactor » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:50 am

How are you doing untimed?
Also, was your score mostly due to timing issues, or to actual accuracy?

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 am

How are you studying? Have you taken a course? Are you using LSAT-related books?

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:06 am

Yes I'm in full length testmasters. Idk what the hell happend today I got a -16 on a LR section and I've been getting them -7 and -8 on timed sections at home. I really don't know what happend.

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:09 am

LionelHutzJD wrote:Yes I'm in full length testmasters. Idk what the hell happend today I got a -16 on a LR section and I've been getting them -7 and -8 on timed sections at home. I really don't know what happend.

So I'm assuming your main problem is accuracy?
Ok, testmasters has a bunch of stuff online and are you also doing all the homework? Also I would consider a possible supplement of PS and Manhattan LR books, if your problem is LR. Their system is very similar to TM.

How is your LG and RC section going?

If LG isn't -0, there is definitely room for quick improvement.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:11 am

Got a -6 on LG today which was my best yet. Also got a -6 on a LR which turned out to be the damn experimental. As far as the HW goes I don't do all of it but I drill question types like 20 here and 20 there. Helpppp!!

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 am

LionelHutzJD wrote:Got a -6 on LG today which was my best yet. Also got a -6 on a LR which turned out to be the damn experimental. As far as the HW goes I don't do all of it but I drill question types like 20 here and 20 there. Helpppp!!

TM provides you enough material for you to be getting all the content that you need, unless you have a bad instructor. I would get both PS bibles and MLSAT book just because I think they are very good.
However, all of this will be worthless if you don't start doing all of the homework. Not only do it, but review it, mark next to it why every wrong question is wrong, etc. Without hard work, you won't get the results. Re-do games that give you trouble, do them until you can do them under 8 minutes and 30 seconds. Focus on your work, but most of all, work hard. Don't make the same mistake twice. The reason you are doing questions over and over is so you can learn from them.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 am

160 realistic? I know its not an ideal score but it will get me into a school of my choice.

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:35 am

LionelHutzJD wrote:160 realistic? I know its not an ideal score but it will get me into a school of my choice.

It's hard but not impossible. I seen/heard people making bigger gains in less time.

Edit: It will depend on how dedicated you are. IMHO, I think 160 is very doable.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:38 am

i hit 155 and 154 this week! the fact that i got a 148 today baffles me honestly.

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:42 am

LionelHutzJD wrote:i hit 155 and 154 this week! the fact that i got a 148 today baffles me honestly.

Honestly that happens. Just because you hit in the 150's twice, doesn't mean that you will always be on that range or above. A lot of factors come into the test. If you are really worried about hitting 160, and only wish to take the LSAT once. I personally would only take it when I would be hitting 165+ on my past five PTs. But that's just me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”