Manhattan LG's

griffin.811

Manhattan LG's

Postby griffin.811 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Has anyone already separated PT games sections according to Manhattan's classifications? Rel. ordering, numbered ordering, 3D numbered ordering etc.

Thanks

cahwc12

Re: Manhattan LG's

Postby cahwc12 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:05 pm

griffin.811

Postby griffin.811 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks. I've actually seen this list before, but the games are categorized according to powerscore classifications. Any chance you know the Manhattan equivalent? Is what Powerscore calls "Basic Linear" what Manhattan calls "Relative Ordering?" etc.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:01 pm

If you don't understand the difference in the classifications, I highly recommend you get started right away because the test is only a month away, and december is only 3 months away.

Stop worrying about the exact classification of game types and start working on actually studying.

There's nothing wrong with powerscore's classification (or Manhattan's for that matter), and when you begin studying you'll see immediately which is which.

Binary grouping is generally an in/out game (something with two groups), and is generally something like "grouping-defined"

Open assignment is something closer to undefined, and closed assignment is closer to partially defined

Relative ordering = pure sequencing

The difference between Basic/Advanced Linear and sequencing/relative ordering games are really different shades of the same color, and the same goes with the grouping classifications. Your strategies aren't going to differ significantly from either type, but practicing any similar grouping of games is going to help you a lot.

cambridge LSAT uses the manhattan grouping now: http://www.cambridgelsat.com/downloads/ ... s-by-type/ and you can buy the bundle for a very reasonable $42.00

If you're adamant about not using the free and perfectly acceptable classification list that guy made, I recommend purchasing this bundle and printing them up at a print shop.
Last edited by cahwc12 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cambridge LSAT

Postby Cambridge LSAT » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:03 pm

If you click to look inside, you can see the index of our book LSAT Logic Games Strategy Guide Workbook, which has the games from 21-40 grouped according to Manhattan LSAT's classification system.

griffin.811

Postby griffin.811 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks again. You're right about getting started right away. I plan to take the Dec. test, but this was a recent development. I had previously been preparing for the GMAT, but decided I'd be happier in law. I currently work full time so finding time to study is tough but I manage 4-5 hours Mon.-Fri. and hopefully 6-8 hours on the weekend. This will be the first since my books arrived, so we'll see how that goes. I had a similar GMAT schedule, so it should'nt be too difficult.

I appreciate the help everyone!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”