Help on PT 53!

applemaroon

Help on PT 53!

Postby applemaroon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Hey guys,

For section 1 #25, why is the answer B and not D? I guess I'm not really understanding why D is a better answer than B.

Then in section 3 #4, why does answer A make sense?

Thanks!

shntn

Re: Help on PT 53!

Postby shntn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 pm

applemaroon wrote:Hey guys,

For section 1 #25, why is the answer B and not D? I guess I'm not really understanding why D is a better answer than B.

Thanks!

#25 is B because it directly points out a flaw in the logic used to support the argument, that astrology is both an art and a science. Think of is this way: if B is right and the inference it refers to is incorrect, then astrology isn't a science and the argument is toast. D is just...wrong.

For the second part, A makes sense because it provides evidence that the device killed all the mosquitos in its vicinity. Saying "it only killed 12 mosquitos" is useless. Saying it killed 12 of 12 is more telling, which is what this answer choice points out.

applemaroon

Re: Help on PT 53!

Postby applemaroon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:51 am

shinton88 wrote:
applemaroon wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks!

#25 is B because it directly points out a flaw in the logic used to support the argument, that astrology is both an art and a science. Think of is this way: if B is right and the inference it refers to is incorrect, then astrology isn't a science and the argument is toast. D is just...wrong.

For the second part, A makes sense because it provides evidence that the device killed all the mosquitos in its vicinity. Saying "it only killed 12 mosquitos" is useless. Saying it killed 12 of 12 is more telling, which is what this answer choice points out.

Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”