2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

User avatar
crazi4law
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:21 am

2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby crazi4law » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 pm

1. In the preptests, there is one page before the test that is like the table of contents, where it lists the ordering of the sections within the test. On the actual LSAT, was there be such a page? It helps me prepare mentally for what I am up against.

2. When the proctor announces that time is up, is there any time at all (eg. 3-4 seconds) that you can use to fill in the last few bubbles if you haven't done so yet?

Thanks a lot everyone!

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:59 pm

crazi4law wrote:1. In the preptests, there is one page before the test that is like the table of contents, where it lists the ordering of the sections within the test. On the actual LSAT, was there be such a page? It helps me prepare mentally for what I am up against.

2. When the proctor announces that time is up, is there any time at all (eg. 3-4 seconds) that you can use to fill in the last few bubbles if you haven't done so yet?

Thanks a lot everyone!


It's been awhile, but:

1) No
2) No (you can write longer if you really want to, but then you can also get written up for doing it)

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby 20130312 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:06 pm

The answers are both no. You'll have no idea what order the sections are in until you get to each one, and you will be thrown out of the test if you continue writing after time is called.

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby tyler.durden » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:25 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:The answers are both no. You'll have no idea what order the sections are in until you get to each one, and you will be thrown out of the test if you continue writing after time is called.


^ This.

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby spleenworship » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:36 pm

tyler.durden wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:The answers are both no. You'll have no idea what order the sections are in until you get to each one, and you will be thrown out of the test if you continue writing after time is called.


^ This.

User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby Psib337 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:38 pm

tyler.durden wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:The answers are both no. You'll have no idea what order the sections are in until you get to each one, and you will be thrown out of the test if you continue writing after time is called.


^ This.


Also, I wouldn't go back and change things either. When I took the test a kid got kicked out during the 5th section, I heard the proctor tell him, "You can't work on that," and he told him to leave.

lederhosen
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:28 am

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby lederhosen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:49 pm

.
Last edited by lederhosen on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby Icculus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 pm

lederhosen wrote:Protip: If you're down to the wire, you can still look at the final question as time is called, save the answer in your head, then put it down when the next section starts.


No.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby Nova » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 pm

lederhosen wrote:Protip: If you're down to the wire, you can still look at the final question as time is called, save the answer in your head, then put it down when the next section starts.


Protip: That's cheating

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby tyler.durden » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Protip, prepare for the length of the test and use time management so you don't have to worry about all of this.

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby cahwc12 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:13 pm

I took the LSAT in extremely amenable circumstances in probably one of the best test centers in the nation.

The proctors were extremely reasonable. I think as long as you weren't overtly making additional/new marks as time expired it wouldn't be an issue. If you're bubbling/about to bubble something in as time expires, I don't think the proctors I had would have minded enough to write me up.

I did sneak a peek at the 5th section beforehand (moments before, maybe a few minutes or seconds I can't really remember), just to see what the content would be. I don't really think it had any advantage, nor do I think even if they noticed me do it would they have written me up. But I also don't think it really had any positive effect.

It's not like you're going to do better/worse knowing one of the sections beforehand unless you know which one the experimental is, but in order to know that you'd need to see most/all of the sections which is unfeasible.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby 20130312 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:16 pm

cahwc12 wrote:I did sneak a peek at the 5th section beforehand (moments before, maybe a few minutes or seconds I can't really remember), just to see what the content would be. I don't really think it had any advantage, nor do I think even if they noticed me do it would they have written me up. But I also don't think it really had any positive effect.


Just don't do this. Why would you risk it? You don't want an asterisk next to your name before you even start law school.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby Icculus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:27 pm

cahwc12 wrote:I took the LSAT in extremely amenable circumstances in probably one of the best test centers in the nation.

The proctors were extremely reasonable. I think as long as you weren't overtly making additional/new marks as time expired it wouldn't be an issue. If you're bubbling/about to bubble something in as time expires, I don't think the proctors I had would have minded enough to write me up.

I did sneak a peek at the 5th section beforehand (moments before, maybe a few minutes or seconds I can't really remember), just to see what the content would be. I don't really think it had any advantage, nor do I think even if they noticed me do it would they have written me up. But I also don't think it really had any positive effect.

It's not like you're going to do better/worse knowing one of the sections beforehand unless you know which one the experimental is, but in order to know that you'd need to see most/all of the sections which is unfeasible.


Risk/reward. No reward, HIGH RISK. Just don't do these things.

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby cahwc12 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:I did sneak a peek at the 5th section beforehand (moments before, maybe a few minutes or seconds I can't really remember), just to see what the content would be. I don't really think it had any advantage, nor do I think even if they noticed me do it would they have written me up. But I also don't think it really had any positive effect.


Just don't do this. Why would you risk it? You don't want an asterisk next to your name before you even start law school.


yeah, I did it as like an "oh i flipped too far, silly me!" thing and lifted the page up about halfway briefly just to confirm my suspicion that the first games section was experimental.

It was so brutal and had the craziest sequencing game I knew it wasn't real. I'd do it again! But I agree with the post above too... high risk, no reward.

User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby Psib337 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Icculus wrote:
lederhosen wrote:Protip: If you're down to the wire, you can still look at the final question as time is called, save the answer in your head, then put it down when the next section starts.


No.


Pretty sure the kid in my test did this...it didn't end well for him

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 2 quick questions for People who have taken the actual LSAT!

Postby Nova » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:26 pm

cahwc12 wrote:.....


Admitting this on a public forum is questionable judgement. It is obviously against the rules, regardless of whether or not it put you at an advantage.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Instrumental, jdanz, Lahtso Nuggin, StopLawying and 16 guests