PTing within Score Range - What to do now until October? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
collegebum1989

Bronze

PTing within Score Range - What to do now until October?

Post by collegebum1989 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 pm

After 7 months, I'm finally scoring within the range I've wanted to somewhere between 172-174 consistently on my timed practice tests (taken 5 so far), with a high of 178, low of 169. I'm also doing timed section drills and scoring a little higher (173-175), although I take breaks in between.

So my question is, what should I be doing from now until October since I'm finally in my scoring range? I want to score at least a 172, but a 175+ would be awesome. I've read that you should be comfortably PTing at 2 points above your target to ensure that score on test day, which means between 175 to 177.

So far, I've been taking full timed section tests with breaks in between (PT#1-38, 1 PT per day) and about 2 timed exams (40-65, 2PTs per week). Should I keep doing this or should I be doing something else until October?

Thanks

JDeezy

Bronze

Re: PTing within Score Range - What to do now until October?

Post by JDeezy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Also interested in hearing people's thoughts on this as I am in a very similar position.

My gut is telling me to PT 2x per week with drilling on non-PT days. But we'll see what others think, thanks for posting.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Pt review and drill weaknesses.

A site like lsatqa.com or the spreadsheet in the stickies is good for keeping track of which type of questions are giving you he most problems.

Bronze

Post by 05062014 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Same situation kinda. I am at the point where I don't see myself fucking this up on anything except logic games. I am gonna start redoing LG sections. I plan to go through every LG section from 50-66 3-4 times before Oct 6th. 1-2/4x will probably be oct 1 - oct 6

collegebum1989

Bronze

Post by collegebum1989 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 am

NoodleyOne wrote:drill weaknesses.
When you say this do you mean question types or sections? I find that the questions I get wrong on either LR/RC are basically due to either misreading or misinterpreting one-two words so I get different question types wrong on different exams. I'm near perfect on all LG's so those are the only two sections which give me trouble.

Do you recommend drilling sections every day (ex. 4 LR's a day, 4 RC's a day, etc).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 am

Are you certain there isn't a common thread? That's why i recommend something like lsatqa.com to make sure there isn't a common thread to your mistakes. Ultimately I mean both though. Keep doing sections so you don't get rusty on a section, and drill problem sets that you miss most often.

collegebum1989

Bronze

Post by collegebum1989 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Wow, LSATQA is awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. I just put in all my drilling results and full preptest results, and saw no trend in particular questions I've been missing. I'm guessing the few questions I do miss are due to misunderstanding the language in stimulus/answer choice or misunderstanding an aspect/detail about a RC passage.

Not sure how to improve upon that beyond just hammering practice tests everyday.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 am

It might be just maintain focus while reading. Also, check the "skills and drills" part and see which ones you miss the most of. It's enlightening even if it isn't directly relevant.

FWIW the past two PTs I've almost exclusively missed parallel reasoning questions. Fucking hate parallel reasoning questions. So damn time consuming. I need to focus on taking the full 35 and spending the extra 5-7 minutes I have left over to check over those instead of just going to the next section.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”