Snakes game (PT 27)

cloudhidden

Snakes game (PT 27)

Postby cloudhidden » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:23 pm

This game has been the mongoose of my existence. The thing is I can sort of think myself through it in an untimely fashion after numerous attempts, but if I see anything like this (some bizarre advanced linear, numerical distribution hybrid with repeat variables) on the first go around, I would almost certainly tank it. Anyone have any success on their first try?

mindarmed

Re: Snakes game (PT 27)

Postby mindarmed » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 am

cloudhidden wrote:This game has been the mongoose of my existence. The thing is I can sort of think myself through it in an untimely fashion after numerous attempts, but if I see anything like this (some bizarre advanced linear, numerical distribution hybrid with repeat variables) on the first go around, I would almost certainly tank it. Anyone have any success on their first try?

My advice to you with games like this, would be to write down the variables as they appear in the stimulus.
For example, the first thing I write down would be (SSSSLLL)^R and (FFFFFMM)^G. Then, I would slowly review the rules and answer choices of the first question so that I would have an accurate hypothetical to tackle the game.

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:10 pm

This is a really weird game. But there's hope. There are really only two rules to remember that don't depend on numbers:

* Female snakes can't go in a habitat beside a habitat with male lizards
* snakes can't go with lizards in the same habitat

The rest is remembering the numbers, so draw a list of the numbers of males and females for each species. Then spend a minute memorizing the two rules and the numbers list.

Everything else is just applying them.

There's also a 7Sage video that covers this game, you might be useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om4B0ocdjXo&feature=plcp

cloudhidden

Postby cloudhidden » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:45 am

The 7Sage video is solid.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”