Resolve MY Apparent Discrepancy

FlowBro

Resolve MY Apparent Discrepancy

Postby FlowBro » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Long time TLS lurker here, finally decided to get an account and join the club! I am currently studying for my October retake after a disappointing result last October (160). Looking to add at least 10 points to join the 170 club and put my 3.8 GPAto good use.

After a solid month of studying I have began to take timed sections and have completed 2 full length PT's. On the timed sections I am easily able to finish and get 3 or less wrong on LR. BUT, when I have taken my full length PT's, this number swells to 5-7 misses per LR section!

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and have advice for how I can improve and meet my goal on this retake? Thanks!

P.S. Got LG on lock, 0 to -2 consistently on sections and full length. RC is still a work in progress...

theprophet89

Re: Resolve MY Apparent Discrepancy

Postby theprophet89 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 pm

FlowBro wrote:Long time TLS lurker here, finally decided to get an account and join the club! I am currently studying for my October retake after a disappointing result last October (160). Looking to add at least 10 points to join the 170 club and put my 3.8 GPAto good use.

After a solid month of studying I have began to take timed sections and have completed 2 full length PT's. On the timed sections I am easily able to finish and get 3 or less wrong on LR. BUT, when I have taken my full length PT's, this number swells to 5-7 misses per LR section!

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and have advice for how I can improve and meet my goal on this retake? Thanks!

P.S. Got LG on lock, 0 to -2 consistently on sections and full length. RC is still a work in progress...

We're in the same boat.

All you can do is drill baby drill.

FlowBro

Postby FlowBro » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 am

How many questions do you drill for LR at a time? I usually do about 20-30 but am beginning to think that this may not be enough.

Also, anybody out there have tips for RC drilling and improving between now and gameday in October?

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:32 am

FlowBro wrote:How many questions do you drill for LR at a time? I usually do about 20-30 but am beginning to think that this may not be enough.

Also, anybody out there have tips for RC drilling and improving between now and gameday in October?

To your first point: review your PTs and identify which questions you are missing consistently. Once you have identified which question types you're missing, I'd recommend going to LSAT Blog or purchasing Manhattan LSAT's LR book and reading the corresponding chapter about that question type.

For RC: Read dense material like the Economist and drill lots of passages. I'd also recommend purchasing Manhattan LSAT's RC book.

FlowBro

Postby FlowBro » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 am

armedwithamind wrote:
FlowBro wrote:How many questions do you drill for LR at a time? I usually do about 20-30 but am beginning to think that this may not be enough.

To your first point: review your PTs and identify which questions you are missing consistently. Once you have identified which question types you're missing, I'd recommend going to LSAT Blog or purchasing Manhattan LSAT's LR book and reading the corresponding chapter about that question type.

For RC: Read dense material like the Economist and drill lots of passages. I'd also recommend purchasing Manhattan LSAT's RC book.

Thanks for the info! I have been doing what you suggested and will continue to do so! It has got to the point where I am pissed off for greatness on this test!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”