Cambridge RC by Type Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
myoung7189

New

Cambridge RC by Type

Post by myoung7189 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Hey everyone I've been lurking this forum for some time and have had great progress in my prepping due to the plethora information you guys and gals have provided, so I want to sincerely thank all of you for that. I'm a hopeful splitter because gpa is rubbish and can only hope to get into a decent school with a stellar lsat score. I'm unfortunately prepping on a tight budget and I've have already read trough the LRB, LGB, and MRC. I've taken 4 pt's and have consistently scored in the low 160's (LR -13, RC -6, LG -2) because of this I have decided to cease taking pt's and focus on drilling (which I have yet to really do :oops:). I plan on purchasing the Cambridge LR by type and LG both would be from pt's 1-20, because I want assure a -0 in LG and -3 or lower in LR. I realize I have a ways to go. But getting to my main question, should I purchase the Cambridge RC workbook by type or would that be unnecessary. I'm fairly comfortable with the question types for RC, which are synthesis, inference, and i.d. according to manhattan, and think this book should attack the RC passage types (those types being something along the lines of science, economics, political, law...etc.) rather than question types. If you know it's approach please tell. I feel like I could improve my RC by simply reading difficult text and analyzing the arguments made by author instead of focusing on the information provided, yet I'm still worried about neglecting RC. Would you all make this purchase if you were a broke ass like me?

dowu

Platinum

Re: Cambridge RC by Type

Post by dowu » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 pm

myoung7189 wrote:Hey everyone I've been lurking this forum for some time and have had great progress in my prepping due to the plethora information you guys and gals have provided, so I want to sincerely thank all of you for that. I'm a hopeful splitter because gpa is rubbish and can only hope to get into a decent school with a stellar lsat score. I'm unfortunately prepping on a tight budget and I've have already read trough the LRB, LGB, and MRC. I've taken 4 pt's and have consistently scored in the low 160's (LR -13, RC -6, LG -2) because of this I have decided to cease taking pt's and focus on drilling (which I have yet to really do :oops:). I plan on purchasing the Cambridge LR by type and LG both would be from pt's 1-20, because I want assure a -0 in LG and -3 or lower in LR. I realize I have a ways to go. But getting to my main question, should I purchase the Cambridge RC workbook by type or would that be unnecessary. I'm fairly comfortable with the question types for RC, which are synthesis, inference, and i.d. according to manhattan, and think this book should attack the RC passage types (those types being something along the lines of science, economics, political, law...etc.) rather than question types. If you know it's approach please tell. I feel like I could improve my RC by simply reading difficult text and analyzing the arguments made by author instead of focusing on the information provided, yet I'm still worried about neglecting RC. Would you all make this purchase if you were a broke ass like me?
First off, learn how to make your posts more readable. This one was terriblly congested with questions/thoughts.

Second, yes, I would purchase the Cambridge bundles and drill because LR is 50% of your score; I think it's well worth the money, even on a tight budget.

Lastly, your RC score is okay. That is to say, you're not in terrible shape, but you could lose a few pounds. I believe that if you continue to PT and analyze your missed questions, you'll be able to lower your mistakes in that section.

Good luck!

cahwc12

Silver

Re: Cambridge RC by Type

Post by cahwc12 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:09 am

do RC sections from old tests if you want extra practice. Don't buy the RC by type... the LR by type is awesome and so is LG by type, but the RC by type is silly and a waste of time.

Take full RC sections from old tests. Develop a sense of timing from the get-go.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”