TLS'ers' "I'm getting too old for this" Sign-in

180asBreath

TLS'ers' "I'm getting too old for this" Sign-in

Postby 180asBreath » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:57 am

Who else feels like they are getting "too old" for the LSAT? Not necessarily in regards to your physical age, just that you feel like the duration of time you spent thinking about, and preparing for, the LSAT is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I'll start:

I started thinking about the LSAT in the fall of 2009
I took my first PT in July of 2010
I sat in October of 2010
I sat again in December of 2011
I'll be sitting again in October of 2012

I haven't studied the whole time, but the thought of it having it loomed over me for the last few years is enough to make me vomit.

What a crazy and mixed-up world we live in :/

Any other takers or retakers who'd like to commiserate?

alwayssunnyinfl

Re: TLS'ers' "I'm getting too old for this" Sign-in

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:59 am

180asBreath wrote:Who else feels like they are getting "too old" for the LSAT? Not necessarily in regards to your physical age, just that you feel like the duration of time you spent thinking about, and preparing for, the LSAT is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I'll start:

I started thinking about the LSAT in the fall of 2009
I took my first PT in July of 2010
I sat in October of 2010
I sat again in December of 2011
I'll be sitting again in October of 2012

I haven't studied the whole time, but the thought of it having it loomed over me for the last few years is enough to make me vomit.

What a crazy and mixed-up world we live in :/

Any other takers or retakers who'd like to commiserate?

Three years of law school is probably going to make you wanna vomit even more.

180asBreath

Re: TLS'ers' "I'm getting too old for this" Sign-in

Postby 180asBreath » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:05 pm

It'll probably bring about some emesis, but at least I will be doing something tangible (or, rather, more tangible). At this point, all of this prep is just speculative (in both meanings of the word). Say I don't go to law school and I have shutter as I look back on 2010-12. I can't be sure, but part of me feels like I am falling prey to the sunk cost fallacy. Sure, I still want to go to law school. However, any time I have a dissenting thought about going through with it - it is quickly silenced by the other thought that I have just put way too much time and energy into this to not have a pay-off.

Alas.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”