LR Bible vs. Kaplan LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RobertGolddust

Bronze

LR Bible vs. Kaplan LR

Post by RobertGolddust » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Hello, I would first off like to introduce myself to the forums. TLS has been my go-to source for LSAT prep information, and I would like to thank all of its members for sharing your valuable prep experience and strategies.

At the moment I am still attempting to learn the fundamentals required to annihilate the LSAT. I started the beginning of July with Kaplan’s LR book, and I will be done with the LG bible at the end of the week. I was very satisfied with the LG bible and found it was defiantly worth the 35$ it cost me on Amazon.com. Wish I could say the same about the Kaplan LR book I bought at Barnes and Nobles for 77$, but It doesn’t measure up to the quality of the LG bible; frankly I wish I would have done my research (here of course) before buying the Kaplan book. My questions to the member’s of the TLS forum are:

1.Is the LR bible as good as the LG bible?
2.Is the LR bible superior to the Kaplan LR book?
3.If the LR bible is superior to the Kaplan LR book, how much better is it?
4.Will the LR bible be that beneficial after going through the Kaplan book twice?
5.If the LR is essential for a proper LSAT prep, should I go through it before marking up two booklets of pt’s (29-38, 52-61)?

I am planning to take either the June 2013 LSAT or the October 2013 LSAT, but I only have 18 days left of intense prep (fall semester begins the 28th). Based on the feedback I get from this post I will either; do PT’s and drill mistakes, or go through the LR bible. Any advice, opinions, criticism, or amusing commentary concerning my questions or my prep strategy for the summer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Hopefully I can contribute a few gems to these forums before this is all said and done.

Truly,
Robert F. Goldust

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: LR Bible vs. Kaplan LR

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 pm

1. LG Bible > LR Bible
2. Yes
3. A lot
4. Yes
5. I would

Systematic1

Bronze

Post by Systematic1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Why is this thread written like a letter?

rglifberg

Bronze

Post by rglifberg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Manhattan LR Guide > LR Bible

Cerebro

Bronze

Post by Cerebro » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 am

Dear Mr. Goldust,

As one who has worked through both the Kaplan materials and the PowerScore materials, I too was greatly disappointed by the Kaplan material. I found the PowerScore material to be superior in every way, and their categorization of the LR questions and the LG questions made a great deal of sense to me.

However, I do opine that some of the Kaplan material will still be beneficial for the serious LSAT student. As Mr. Pithypike has noted in his treatise entitled "Mr. Pithypikes Complete LSAT Study Guide" (the thread for which is prominently positioned in the forum via the technique known as "sticky") the Mastery and Timing Practice materials from Kaplan are an excellent resource for drilling.

In addition, you may wish to consider the Manhattan "bundle". The Amazon.com online store sells all three books in a convenient bundle at a discounted price. Many here on the top-law-schools.com, or TLS, as it is affectionately known, have indicated that Manhattan's materials are superior in many respects to PowerScore, particularly in regards to reading comprehension.

In any event, I wish you the best of luck with your preparatory efforts and remain

Sincerely yours,

Cerebro

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:07 pm

rglifberg wrote:Manhattan LR Guide > LR Bible
+1

The Platypus

New

Post by The Platypus » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Hello Mr. Golddust,

Before I start, I must let you know that I am a purveyor of both the Manhattan and Powerscore series, and both obviously have their strengths. I am not good friends, or even acquaintances, with the Kaplan series. But, I would definitely recommend the LG Powerscore, and the LR Manhattan. Many on these forums have suggested the Manhattan LR. I wasn't particularly enthused with the Powerscore LR myself, but I leave that choice to your deepest ponderings.

May your legacy be as rich as your name,

The Platypus

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”