What will the Manhattan RC guide do for me?

LionelHutzJD

What will the Manhattan RC guide do for me?

Postby LionelHutzJD » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:54 am

I'm currently enrolled in full length testmasters but i am looking for an extra boost in RC. Is the Manhattan the best? and for anyone who is familiar with the guide, what does it focus on?

Systematic1

Re: What will the Manhattan RC guide do for me?

Postby Systematic1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:00 am

Focuses on separating the different parts of an argument and being able to identify which side of an argument the author is on. It's a lot of drills. The guide itself is actually really short, and you can probably finish it in a day or two. I found it helpful.

unitball

Postby unitball » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:42 am

I took the Testmasters class and read the Manhattan RC guide. The Manhattan RC guide was SOOO much more helpful.

edit: but to answer your question, the guide covers all the thought processes you should go through while reading a RC passage. I thought the guide's walk-throughs of passages with "real-time"commentary about what you should be thinking were massively helpful. With Testmasters, they basically told me " Look for distinctions, evaluations, and arguments ", but with the Manhattan guide they actually walk you through several passages and tell you what you should be thinking at various points in the passage.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 am

I only skimmed through the Manhattan RC guide but one thing I did find incredibly useful was the "180 perspective" breakdown of a section at the end of the book. It documents the thought process of a test-taker as he is reading the passage. Real or not, I found it quite insightful, much more so than anything else in the guide. To be fair though, I didn't read the guide fully, just mostly skimmed it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”