what kind of book do i need?

vabababa

what kind of book do i need?

Postby vabababa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:05 pm

i bought kaplan three tactic books now, do i have to buy powerscore's bible or workbook? thank you so much!!! however is workbook necessary???

heebie-jeebies

Re: what kind of book do i need?

Postby heebie-jeebies » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:40 pm

vabababa wrote:i bought kaplan three tactic books now, do i have to buy powerscore's bible or workbook? thank you so much!!! however is workbook necessary???

A grammar book probably wouldn't hurt. :)

As for LSAT books, I really like Powerscore's LGB and LRB. I have both workbooks, and they are marginally helpful. You may want to consider Manhattan for RC.

vabababa

Postby vabababa » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 pm

heebie-jeebies wrote:
vabababa wrote:i bought kaplan three tactic books now, do i have to buy powerscore's bible or workbook? thank you so much!!! however is workbook necessary???

As for LSAT books, I really like Powerscore's LGB and LRB. I have both workbooks, and they are marginally helpful. You may want to consider Manhattan for RC.

thank you so much. Is it ok to use kAPLAN's guide book and Powerscore's workbook??

vabababa

Postby vabababa » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 pm

heebie-jeebies wrote:

I'm sorry, I think I didn't make myself clear. when I say use KAPLAN's guide book and Powerscore's workbook, I mean use them at the same time. Is it ok?

Grazzhoppa

Postby Grazzhoppa » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:49 am

vabababa wrote:
heebie-jeebies wrote:

I'm sorry, I think I didn't make myself clear. when I say use KAPLAN's guide book and Powerscore's workbook, I mean use them at the same time. Is it ok?

I think the whole point of the Powerscore workbooks are to drill according to the Powerscore methods of diagramming, etc. Don't know if it would be helpful for Kaplan.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Kaplan sucks.

HTH

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:29 am

Mr.Binks wrote:Kaplan sucks.

HTH

I had the most difficult time explaining this to a friend last weekend. She had purchased the whole Kaplan package recently. I told her to somehow pawn that garbage off and pick up $70 bucks to purchase the Manhattan bundle on Amazon.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”