Four Games in Allotted Time.

Elizabeth N

Four Games in Allotted Time.

Postby Elizabeth N » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:29 am

Safe assumption that an October 2012 test-taker should be able to finish all four games by this point?

I can't. It's rather disappointing. By game 3, I am running low on time and my ability to think clearly goes out the window.

Thoughts? Can most all of you finish four games without a problem? Anyone else in same boat as me?

- Elizabeth

NeedADrink

Re: Four Games in Allotted Time.

Postby NeedADrink » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 am

You're fine -- just keep drilling and the speed will come.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:50 am

NeedADrink wrote:You're fine -- just keep drilling and the speed will come.

Exactly this. The first 3 questions of a particular game should be done in probably a total of 2 minutes or less primarily because they always directly involve the rules and inferences.

Get used to finding the key inferences in the game and your speed should pick up.

ninetails

Postby ninetails » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 am

You still have over two months, that's plenty of time to build up speed.

Also, since games 3 and 4 (I think) tend to be harder, you may want to start with those while you are still fresh mentally and then do the easier ones later until you build up endurance.

Postby 2014 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:11 am

Do you notice any game types that tend to take you longer than others? If so and you realize within the first few seconds that it will be one of those, consider leaving it till the end so you kill it on the other 3 instead of having to rush through them.

Elizabeth N

Postby Elizabeth N » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for the sound advice. :wink:

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Elizabeth N wrote:Safe assumption that an October 2012 test-taker should be able to finish all four games by this point?

I can't. It's rather disappointing. By game 3, I am running low on time and my ability to think clearly goes out the window.

Thoughts? Can most all of you finish four games without a problem? Anyone else in same boat as me?

- Elizabeth

This is completely normal at this point in the game. Make sure your accuracy is where you want it to be, then work on speed.

coldweather

Postby coldweather » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Dont worry about the time too much. I found that if you feel rushed, you'll most likely miss an inference/deduction during the setup and it'll cost you more time and frustration during the questions. A great setup will almost always lead to answering the questions quickly and confidently.

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:45 am

NeedADrink wrote:You're fine -- just keep drilling and the speed will come.

This. As long as you get the games conceptually, the speed will come with time. I'd recommend maybe using some of the games sections from older PTs and doing them untimed until you naturally start doing them faster as your ability to recognize question types, etc., improves. There's not as much value in stressing out over time until you've got a very solid grasp of games as a whole.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”