Please help!! Not sure how to continue Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Teflon_Don

Bronze

Please help!! Not sure how to continue

Post by Teflon_Don » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 am

n
Last edited by Teflon_Don on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rshehadeh9091

New

Re: Please help!! Not sure how to continue

Post by rshehadeh9091 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Have you considered ManhattanLSAT? What section(s) were your weaker ones? IMO, I don't think you need to take an online course; however, insofar as you're debating between something online or self-study with books/PTs, Manhattan is absolutely a worthy alternative to PS, as is Blueprint too. Powerscore is absolutely great material, it's just that perhaps it doesn't suffice for everyone.

Teflon_Don

Bronze

Post by Teflon_Don » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 pm

My RC was starting to vary widely toward the end of my prep, but I only missed -5 on the actual test. So my games & LR were the worst. I actually thought I did good on the games, guess I was wrong. So it looks like I can get a full interactive course for $1,100 from Manhattan or $800 Blueprint course that's not live/interactive. I wonder which is best? I really think I want to go the online route this time around and I feel like I need some sort of strict study plan, or some kind of accountability.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't think online will provide any more accountability than buying books yourself unless that 1k spent money is a strong motivator (in a lot of cases it is). I would look for a live course.

Teflon_Don

Bronze

Post by Teflon_Don » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:05 pm

The Manhattan course is a live interactive course for $1,100, the Blueprint isn't. That's kind of why I was thinking about doing Manhattan. I just found out they're owned by Kaplan, but apparently still have different strategies? Any ideas on a TestMasters online course? I just want something different than Powerscore's full length course, something that'll give me a different P.O.V.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Teflon_Don

Bronze

Post by Teflon_Don » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:16 pm

It looks like the TestMasters & BP courses are all previously recorded videos, which probably explains the cheaper price. Manhattan is interactive and meets twice a week, I think I'd prefer an interactive course v. previously recorded video. Are there any other online interactive courses that I should consider instead of Manhattan? Thanks for the help!

rshehadeh9091

New

Post by rshehadeh9091 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:25 pm

I don't want to knock Kaplan (every though everyone on TLS does) because I have never used them. Also, a friend of mine took Kaplan and liked them (he's at Columbia law school btw, though he could have just as easily never used Kaplan - or used another prep company - and might still be at Columbia... we'll never know). I will admit that certain reasons people give concerning weaknesses in Kaplan's prep, if true, lead me to believe that Kaplan is probably not a company I'd use. All that aside, this is what I can confidently tell you for sure: Yesh ManhattanLSAT is owned by Kaplan, but that is where their relationship ends. Kaplan decided, from what I understand, not to interfere with Manhattan's style of prepping people, and simply let Manhattan do Manhattan.

Perhaps call Manhattan and tell them you're thinking about their online interactive class, and if there is anything sample-wise that they can send you. Argue that $1000 or whatever is mucho dinero for you and you want to make sure this investment is the right move. Also, do the same for Blueprint/Velocity/ TM and others, as people have good experiences with all of them too. Everyone is different, so while some will point you in one different, others in a different, it's really up to you to test the material out yourself, and gage which prep you feel will best prepare you going forward.

Instantly I realize that nothing in these last two paragraphs help you other than maybe the bit about calling Manhattan :shock:

Teflon_Don

Bronze

Post by Teflon_Don » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks for the advice. I in fact did call them and the conversation went well. However, for the online interactive course I'm looking at, there are already eleven people signed up.. which I'm a little concerned about. What do you all think? I played with the free trial workshop and it seemed great, for the most part. I've just never done anything online before, but I really don't want to do any more in-class courses. I think online combined with self-study will suffice. Lastly, my only reservation (besides the class size) is whether or not Manhattan is a well-known/respected LSAT prep company? I want to make sure I'm getting involved with a company that has a proven track records. Thanks everyone!!

rshehadeh9091

New

Post by rshehadeh9091 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Soooo, I'm actually in their in-class course right now ha, and sometimes I watch the review sessions for extra practice. It seems that the review sessions are taped from their online courses. To me it seems like every one in these classes are fully engaged. They're answering when called on, posing their own questions, and answering questions, etc. That feature seems to be trending in all the ones I've seen so far. Regarding your second question, Manhattan's approach to each section just seems gangster :twisted: , to be blunt. Again, I know nothing about any of the others (although I did read the first few chapters in all the PSBs before starting Manhattan). To claim that Manhattan is superior could easily be refuted. I would, however, argue that if you choose to utilize Manhattan's method for the LSAT, I bet you you'll be very happy at how high your PT scores are getting to be come late August and in September. If you work hard Manhattan will serve you very, very well.

rshehadeh9091

New

Post by rshehadeh9091 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:03 pm

gangster = Noun; a member of a gang of violent criminals. Hah ok let's just say their methods are very high level. There are four people in my class--everyone but me has prior LSAT prep experience.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”