How do I apply for an accommodated test? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LionelHutzJD

Silver

How do I apply for an accommodated test?

Post by LionelHutzJD » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:15 am

Throughout high school I was able to take tests using extended time and with a separate location. During college however, I did not use this as I told myself I didnt need it. I am diagnosed with a particular type of learning disability and I figure I might as well use it for the LSAT right? Schools only care about numbers so im sure i wont get turned away just because they see I took the test with extended time. Only thing is I cant seem to find where on LSAC I would begin to apply for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Re: How do I apply for an accommodated test?

Post by LionelHutzJD » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:16 am

nvm just found it haha. you can close this up mods

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:02 am

I wouldn't be so fast to assume its your best option. Where are you PTing with 35 min sections? Most people greatly fear the dreaded * and would avoid it at all costs.

Systematic1

Bronze

Post by Systematic1 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:14 am

LionelHutzJD wrote:Throughout high school I was able to take tests using extended time and with a separate location. During college however, I did not use this as I told myself I didnt need it. I am diagnosed with a particular type of learning disability and I figure I might as well use it for the LSAT right? Schools only care about numbers so im sure i wont get turned away just because they see I took the test with extended time. Only thing is I cant seem to find where on LSAC I would begin to apply for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Would it be a stretch to assume you were misdiagnosed (since you admitted to yourself that you didn't need it in college), and now you're going to try and leverage that misdiagnosis for special treatment on the LSAT? If that is the case, you are an asshole, and I hope you get turned down.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Systematic1 wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:Throughout high school I was able to take tests using extended time and with a separate location. During college however, I did not use this as I told myself I didnt need it. I am diagnosed with a particular type of learning disability and I figure I might as well use it for the LSAT right? Schools only care about numbers so im sure i wont get turned away just because they see I took the test with extended time. Only thing is I cant seem to find where on LSAC I would begin to apply for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Would it be a stretch to assume you were misdiagnosed (since you admitted to yourself that you didn't need it in college), and now you're going to try and leverage that misdiagnosis for special treatment on the LSAT? If that is the case, you are an asshole, and I hope you get turned down.

Misdiagnosed? Yes. Clean slate? No. I was reevaluated in College and they said I didn't have ADD as originally thought but I do have what is called a non verbal learning disability. Having this is actually a big disadvantage for me on logic games (google non verbal learning disability). But do I really need the extra time? Probably not. But I'm sure I could get it. I am worried about that * however...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:I wouldn't be so fast to assume its your best option. Where are you PTing with 35 min sections? Most people greatly fear the dreaded * and would avoid it at all costs.
Does anyone know whether LSATs with the * count toward USNWR?

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Nova wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:I wouldn't be so fast to assume its your best option. Where are you PTing with 35 min sections? Most people greatly fear the dreaded * and would avoid it at all costs.
I heard that they won't calculate the score into the rankings, so it doesn't hurt not help law schools to admit someone with the *.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:09 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
Nova wrote:
I heard that they won't calculate the score into the rankings, so it doesn't hurt not help law schools to admit someone with the *.
Since thats the case, anyone scoring at median or above (at their target schools) without accommodations would most likely be better off taking the test under normal conditions so they can affect the median. Especially if they are below the GPA median.
Last edited by Nova on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:11 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote: But do I really need the extra time? Probably not. But I'm sure I could get it.
I wouldn't be so sure - it's very hard to get the accommodations. If you did well in college (i.e. you passed) without the extra time, expect to be denied.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”