RC format

HarlandBassett

RC format

Postby HarlandBassett » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 am

I havent even started LSAT studying yet but I've been skimming thru LSAT blogs and I noticed this comment.

"I wish I'd known sooner how much the test format has changed for Reading Comp, and how that had an affect on my score with PT."

This kind of scares me b/c pithypike's RC thread is based on, i'm guessing, the old format...

any pointers?

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 am

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarlandBassett

Re: RC format

Postby HarlandBassett » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:44 am

is it from PT60 on?

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 am

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, my guess would be that they meant comparative reading, as there haven't really been any definitive "changes" in RC lately, just a general trend towards passages getting a bit harder. This shouldn't affect your use of pithy's guide, at all. Like Vasa said, just make sure you take recent ones prior to test day to make sure your skills have transferred.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Unlike LR and some LG, I think most of the RC from earlier tests are still great practice, as well.

I did notice in my own prep I tended to average -2 to -4 on RC from earlier than mid 50's or so, and PT60+ I went between -7 and -11. I went -7 on test day.

With the exception of 64 (maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, don't have my sheet in front of me), the other RC didn't seem bad at all, but for whatever reasons I was always missing more in those. I took the 60's interspersed with other RC, too.

64's last question was one of the most brutal RC questions i've seen...

I didn't think June's RC was bad at all, in fact I thought it was the easiest of the 60's I've seen. It even had a couple questions where I was like "seriously? is that a joke?" because the answer seemed so obvious (you'll know if/when you take PT66 RC).

However I was told by two separate people, one who averaged -0 on RC, that the experimental RC from June was by far the most difficult they had ever seen. I don't know if that's a sign of things to come...

Eberry

Postby Eberry » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:06 pm

cahwc12 wrote:Unlike LR and some LG, I think most of the RC from earlier tests are still great practice, as well.

I did notice in my own prep I tended to average -2 to -4 on RC from earlier than mid 50's or so, and PT60+ I went between -7 and -11. I went -7 on test day.

With the exception of 64 (maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, don't have my sheet in front of me), the other RC didn't seem bad at all, but for whatever reasons I was always missing more in those. I took the 60's interspersed with other RC, too.

64's last question was one of the most brutal RC questions i've seen...

I didn't think June's RC was bad at all, in fact I thought it was the easiest of the 60's I've seen. It even had a couple questions where I was like "seriously? is that a joke?" because the answer seemed so obvious (you'll know if/when you take PT66 RC).

However I was told by two separate people, one who averaged -0 on RC, that the experimental RC from June was by far the most difficult they had ever seen. I don't know if that's a sign of things to come...

I actually thought the experimental RC from June was easier than the actual RC from June.

But, you know, different strokes for different folks.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 pm

cahwc12 wrote:Unlike LR and some LG, I think most of the RC from earlier tests are still great practice, as well.

Those early LR and LGs are, for the most part, good practice. Logic hasn't changed much.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”