When should I start again?

JohnV

When should I start again?

Postby JohnV » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:03 am

I recently decided on a new time table for myself. Instead of taking in October (doesn't seem like my work load is going to get any easier and it's already killing my prep-time) I've decided on a new plan of attack that involves taking a year off after UG and taking in June 2013. However... I've already used up 1/3 of my PTs. I don't want to quit studying, at least somewhat, but I just know I'm not going to be ready by October, work + school + other responsibilities is just really killing me, plus there are other benefits for taking a year off so there really is no need for me to rush.

That being said, I don't know what my new plan of attack is. I want to keep studying, but I realize if I do I'm just wasting material that could be better used when I can give it 100 percent focus. Anyone else in this situation or have any tips for me?

Thanks.

ninetails

Re: When should I start again?

Postby ninetails » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 am

Last edited by ninetails on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnV

Re: When should I start again?

Postby JohnV » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:21 am

ninetails wrote:Well 2/3 of your PT's is not a bad place to be at all trust me and if you take them all, you take them all, the difference between a few months does not change how many PTs you have left. If you don't think you can prepare before June (and the next cycle), then that's fair and responsible. I empathize with you not wanting to "waste" sections when you're not in full gear but I would say regularly take a section here and there like once or twice a week atleast to keep in lsat shape mentally and then when you get much closer to june start doing more intensive studying. This should only take up a small proportion of your PTs in the grand scheme, and like a little over an hour a week.

I could probably finish all the PTs before the October test but it's just not going to get my full attention. Plus, come September/October I'll had midterms for fairly rigorous classes and, if I have a choice, I'd prefer to take the test when I don't have multiple test to study for.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”